Talk

Advanced search

Puffin Post- anyone subscribe?

(7 Posts)
k8athome Thu 11-Aug-11 08:14:32

My DD is really keen to get a subscription to this, but as we are overseas it is very costly, so hoping for some reviews/feedback before we commit?
Thanks!

Catsycat Thu 11-Aug-11 11:14:26

No current experience, but I remember I had this when I was a child (about 30 years ago) and loved it!

DeWe Thu 11-Aug-11 12:44:47

My dd's had it as a present a couple of years ago.
Tbh they never really gelled with it. They liked the original package with badges and stuff in, but the magazines weren't really things they were interested in. The books on offer either we had, or were really not what they read. One was in the younger age group, and her reading level was above most of the books. The other was just into the older group, and the books were very boy oriented. I ended up getting books for presents rather than for them.
At the price it is, you can get a heck of a lot of books. Thought it was dramatically overpriced. Sorry.

Sleepglorioussleep Thu 11-Aug-11 17:48:40

Nephews have it and I thought the mags looked great. And don't you get to choose books with the subscription too? Considering getting it for dd.

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 11-Aug-11 17:58:04

DS2 subscribes and loves it. He is an avid reader though, and is interested in authors (he is the kind of child who will queue for an hour and a half at the Hay festival for an author to sign his book). He loves getting the book choices every magazine. He uses the website a lot, posting jokes and photos of Stuffin the Puffin in different locations.

If you have the 6+ subscription you can choose books from 9+ and vice versa using the website. DS2 often chooses 9+ books.

£45 a year is quite a lot (although there is usually a £5 off code on the book people web site) however you do get 6 magazines, 6 books and the puffin toy etc. DS2 loves it, so it is worth the cost for us.

k8athome Thu 11-Aug-11 22:28:42

Thanks for the responses, good to hear the experiences of others! I will take another look at the website today.

cazzybabs Fri 12-Aug-11 15:06:07

DeWe - we thought the same .. so ended up taking her to a book shop to get a book - cheaper and books she actually wanted to read

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now