Talk

Advanced search

What is this book? Cereal packet scene comes to life . . .

(8 Posts)
Takver Sun 17-Jul-11 11:22:36

Prompted by a discussion on another thread, this is really annoying me now. So far we have: A boy goes into a scene collected from a cereal packet. He has to eat loads of the cereal (which is really horrible) to try to collect all the bits. One bit is missing - the shop has sold out of the cereal (or has no packets with that bit?)

Anyone know what it is . . .???

Himalaya Mon 18-Jul-11 10:45:02

...and the cereal tastes like 'doormats' ... Come on Mumsnet hivemind work your magic!!!

SybilBeddows Mon 18-Jul-11 10:45:48

is it The Shrinking of Treehorn?

Gooseberrybushes Mon 18-Jul-11 10:46:48

oh my goodness.. there's a pricking in my thumbs

or summat - this sounds familiar

come on now somebody HAS to know

Himalaya Mon 18-Jul-11 10:56:20

I found it ....(by some clever googling)

It was a story called The Serial Garden (of course...) by Joan Aiken, in her series of short stories about the Armitage Family (Armitage, Armitage Fly Away Home was the one I think I had)...now published as a single book www.amazon.co.uk/Serial-Garden-Complete-Armitage-Selection/dp/1931520577...lets see if it stands the test of time!!

Gooseberrybushes Mon 18-Jul-11 10:58:32

Yesyes it sounds like joan aiken <sigh> same book where they all go up a tree and fall asleep?

awwww lovely

nice illustrations too, bit weird but nice

Gooseberrybushes Mon 18-Jul-11 10:58:45

well done himalaya

Takver Mon 18-Jul-11 13:54:35

Yes, well done! Will have to see if the library has it, & if so whether dd likes it too.

Do you remember the Time Garden by Edward Eager? I think I have my memories of the two books mixed up in my head . . .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now