Talk

Advanced search

Did I dream this or is it an actual book?

(3 Posts)
WhatsCookinGoodLookin Sat 09-Jul-11 21:24:38

Hi all,

I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read when I was younger - am hoping the collective wisdom/trivia of MN can help!

First of all, my memories are very hazy. I guess I read it about 20 years ago. It was definitely a children's book.

There were two children (a boy and a girl - Dinah?) whose mother had been away, then came back with a new brother for them. I think his name was Noel. Noel was quite young and they found it hard to get on with him - he was quite religious and used to talk a lot about God, which they found very embarrassing as very straight laced C of E. There was a garden party and a vicar at one point

I think the mum must have been away in a hot country as Noel had never had a 'real' Christmas. In fact, it's possible the title of the book was 'Noel's First Christmas' but I'm not getting any google hits on this

The only other bit I remember is that they decorated the stair banister with holly, and something happened with it which ended in Noel falling down the stairs and getting injured

I remember little else off the top of my head, and it sounds a bit pointless reading my post through, but I definitely enjoyed it at the time.

Ring any bells for anyone?

If not, maybe I dreamt it and can earn my fortune turning it into a best selling children's book <need to come up with more a plot first >

Come on MN, make me proud....

WhoWhoWhoWho Sat 09-Jul-11 21:25:45

Hmm it doesn't ring a bell to my but..... BUMP grin

MugglesandLuna Fri 15-Jul-11 19:20:08

I tried to google for you, but after typing in Christmas Story Dinah I got some homoerotic fiction confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now