Talk

Advanced search

A special book for a first birthday

(14 Posts)
Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 15:21:37

It is my god daughters 1st birthday soon and I want to buy her a lovely book - normally I would buy a book with their name in ie Lila Pirate, Tom's midnight garden, Sleepy Sophie. However her name is unusual so no books with her name in it.

So what lovely books do the mnetters reccomend - maybe 1 to share now and 1 to keep?

smile

PuppyMonkey Tue 05-Jul-11 15:24:55

Peepo!

I know it off by heart. grin

Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 15:28:09

I love Peepo - has been known to make me sad blush

PuppyMonkey Tue 05-Jul-11 15:44:20

He sees the bedroom door
the cot made ready
His father kissing him goodnight
His ball
And his teddy.

Wail!!! sad grin

Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 16:41:08

What about a story CD I know she is only a baby - am a nanny so know she won't get that much enjoyment out of it but think it would last/the other siblings could share it etc. Then could get her this too?

Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 20:13:47

smile

MogandMe Wed 06-Jul-11 19:51:48

Sounds lovely

Catsycat Wed 06-Jul-11 22:29:58

Augustus and His Smile by Catherine Rayner is very beautiful - gorgeous illustrations, and lovely story that has been known to make me cry... The Tiger Who Came To Tea is also a real favourite with my DDs and there were special editions brought out for the 40th aniversary, or how about one of the Hungry Caterpillar special edition thingys with the toy caterpillar to push through the pages?

diggingintheribs Wed 06-Jul-11 22:40:28

google personalised childrens books

i used to have an unusual name (very common now!!) and i loved a book i got when i was little with my name in t (and also other personal details). felt really special and i read it to my kids now!

smearedinfood Mon 11-Jul-11 22:19:25

Orange Pear Apple Bear. Emily Grivett quirky but good

cazzybabs Tue 12-Jul-11 09:16:33

what about once they were giants by Waddell

ClaireParry Thu 18-Aug-11 10:32:11

A personalised book is great because you can add their name however unusual it it. I love this company because you can personalise the pictures as well as their name. www.penwizard.co.uk. The Peppa Pig book is really cute.

MrsvWoolf Sun 21-Aug-11 17:09:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsvWoolf Sun 21-Aug-11 17:10:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now