Talk

Advanced search

Qu'ran stories for young children

(5 Posts)
Alpinechildcare Tue 28-Jun-11 14:47:30

Can anyone recommend the best book of stories from the qu'ran to read to a child of 4. I've tried searching for stories online that I can print but have had no luck, so any website ideas would also be gratefully received.

eva123 Thu 30-Jun-11 22:16:36

Try the Goodword for kids books- lots of stories from the Quraan about the different Prophets etc.
The Al Hidaayah website also has some childrens books.

littleducks Thu 30-Jun-11 22:25:43

this was recommended to me as one to read aloud but is black and white textbook style

We have the top one which has lovely colour illustrations and my kids love the ark pictures

ninani Sun 03-Jul-11 16:11:13

Both previous posters have suggested Woodword books and I agree! There are 3 books for young children shown by littleducks. Each story I think is about 6 pages long on average. The goodnight stories book kind of combines the other previous books in shorter stories, something like 3 pages on average per story. Also, again by goodword, "book of Quran People for kids" is a book for 8+ but it is very informative, again short stories for each person, many more pages and you can always use your own words or summarise whatever you think is too hard for a little child to understand smile
If you want simple stories definetely one of the story books!

<going to investigate about the other book mentioned by littleducks!>

Alpinechildcare Tue 05-Jul-11 18:49:03

Hi
Thanks so much for your suggestions. I am going to get on ebay now.
Thanks again
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now