Talk

Advanced search

recommendations for boy over 2.5yr

(9 Posts)
soniaweir Sun 19-Jun-11 13:17:50

hi i would like to buy my DS some new books, he has some of the classics (gruffly, when tiger came to tea etc) and would like some recommendations of other books. He loves cars, diggers, trains etc but most of all he loves listening to stories - please help!

allthefires Sun 19-Jun-11 13:20:17

Captain duck books

Any Julia Donaldson books

The Mog Books

wearymum200 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:46:57

Little red train, dig dig digging, emergency, Choo choo clickety clack, bumposaurus, bumpus bumpus dinosuarumpus, Alfie, so many lovely books for this age group!

HappyAsIAm Wed 22-Jun-11 13:29:13

Topsy and Tim books

Paddington books

Usborne farmyrd tales (poppy and sam)

The Mick Inkpen books including Kipper, Pet Shop etc

Any of the Meg and Mog books (but Meg's Eggs and Meg and Mog are the best)

swanker Wed 22-Jun-11 13:42:47

My 2yo is nuts about Maisy- Maisy goes to the Museum, goes camping, goes to Hospital, etc etc

He likes Meg and Mog, all the Jdonaldson/AScheffler books, Usborne's Flip Flap Farm, Tip Tip Dig Dig, Dr Seuss (Sam I am, Fox in Socks), Alfie books, Kipper, Spooky Rumpus, Nick Sharrat's Caveman Dave, Spot.

He also loves Oliver Jeffer's books about a boy and a penguin- Lost and Found, Up and Down, The Way Back Home, and How to Catch a Star- the illustrations are just gorgeous, and we saw the play when it toured too- he still talks about it months later.

WhipMeIndiana Wed 22-Jun-11 13:44:28

Mo Willems - the elephant and Piggie range. Brilliant. I want to Play Outside is my fave.

WhipMeIndiana Wed 22-Jun-11 13:45:19

there's a book all about poo too - useful to start talking about potty etc

Wigeon Wed 22-Jun-11 13:49:37

I love reading and my DD loves listening to:

Oliver Who was Small But Mighty

Oliver Who Would Not Sleep

Anything by Nick Sharatt (eg One Mole Digging a Hole)

Man on the Moon - a Day in the Life of Bob

Dougal's Deep Sea Diary

Anything by Quentin Blake (as author and illustrator), such as Mr Magnolia, the various ones with Mrs Armitage, Zagazoo)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now