Talk

Advanced search

books about dream interpretation, language of flowers. etc for DD 9

(4 Posts)
iheartdusty Thu 16-Jun-11 20:39:51

I remember having some nice little books about the Meaning of Dreams, Victorian etiquette, that sort of thing, when I were a lass, and I thought a couple of little books like this would go down well with DD.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

I have had a good look on Amazon, but the 'dream' books are too complex - DD is a good reader but she is not going to wade through pages about Freud and transition. I'm really after novelty books, I have an image of pocket-sized things in my mind.

Horoscopes, dreams, personality quizzes, how to read your fortune, - anything like that.

PinkCarBlueCar Thu 16-Jun-11 21:39:43

I remember my sister having a really good dream book when she was twelve(ish) - it was by a brother and sister. Will try and find it for you, brb

PinkCarBlueCar Thu 16-Jun-11 21:46:23

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=dream+interpretation+Derek+%26+Julia+Parker&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Adream+interpretation+Derek+%26+Julia+Parker&ajr=0

Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but it has two sections to it - the first deals with a variety of dream themes, the second is more a dream directory. The thematic section has some beautiful pictures in it too.

The main thing I got from the book was a sense of "this is what that dream theme / item could mean, but what does it mean to you?"

iheartdusty Fri 17-Jun-11 20:08:21

that looks excellent, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now