Talk

Advanced search

books about dream interpretation, language of flowers. etc for DD 9

(4 Posts)
iheartdusty Thu 16-Jun-11 20:39:51

I remember having some nice little books about the Meaning of Dreams, Victorian etiquette, that sort of thing, when I were a lass, and I thought a couple of little books like this would go down well with DD.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

I have had a good look on Amazon, but the 'dream' books are too complex - DD is a good reader but she is not going to wade through pages about Freud and transition. I'm really after novelty books, I have an image of pocket-sized things in my mind.

Horoscopes, dreams, personality quizzes, how to read your fortune, - anything like that.

PinkCarBlueCar Thu 16-Jun-11 21:39:43

I remember my sister having a really good dream book when she was twelve(ish) - it was by a brother and sister. Will try and find it for you, brb

PinkCarBlueCar Thu 16-Jun-11 21:46:23

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=dream+interpretation+Derek+%26+Julia+Parker&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Adream+interpretation+Derek+%26+Julia+Parker&ajr=0

Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but it has two sections to it - the first deals with a variety of dream themes, the second is more a dream directory. The thematic section has some beautiful pictures in it too.

The main thing I got from the book was a sense of "this is what that dream theme / item could mean, but what does it mean to you?"

iheartdusty Fri 17-Jun-11 20:08:21

that looks excellent, thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: