Talk

Advanced search

Toddlers books about food

(10 Posts)
stainesmassif Thu 16-Jun-11 08:49:53

ds is a fussy eater. My latest idea is to read lots of books with him about food to encourage a bit more adventure into his diet. He's 2.5 and we read a lot, so pls don't suggest the very hungry caterpillar!

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

savoycabbage Thu 16-Jun-11 08:56:07

The Ugly Vegetables by Grace Lin is nice and there is a book called Vegetable Glue which is about eating your vegetables.

stainesmassif Thu 16-Jun-11 10:16:02

I have vegetable glue! V nice.

stainesmassif Thu 16-Jun-11 10:18:16

Doesn't have to be entirely about food - we're reading 'i want to eat a child' atm - food is in it, but not the sole topic iyswim. ( will look for ugly veg, thanks savoy)

redskyatnight Thu 16-Jun-11 11:43:27

We read "Oliver's vegetables" and "Oliver's Fruit Salad" for a similar reason to a non-fruit and veg eating DD (it didn't work, but the books are nice).

goosiegander Fri 17-Jun-11 07:20:42

How To Teach A Dragon Manners is about a dragon who eat the tempting menus that are dished up for him daily by his friend, Mabel. Until the day she decides to down her cooking spoons! - then he makes a good effort and even washes up!

goosiegander Fri 17-Jun-11 07:22:21

How To Teach A Dragon Manners is about a dragon who REFUSES to eat the tempting menus that are dished up for him each day by his friend, Mabel. Until the day she decides to down her cooking spoons - and then he makes a good effort and even washes up!

stainesmassif Fri 17-Jun-11 07:32:02

Ooh, sounds good!

stressedHEmum Fri 17-Jun-11 08:45:05

Ketchup on your cornflakes
Pass the Jam, Jim
Don't stick your finger in the jelly, Nelly
spaghetti with meatballs for all
Tiger who came to tea
First book of food (eric carle)
Runaway Dinner
Peas
The enormous turnip
the magic porridge pot

stainesmassif Fri 17-Jun-11 17:54:33

Now there's a library visit! Thanks vv much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now