Talk

Advanced search

Do you own... (cold hard cash available)

(9 Posts)
FebreezeYourJeans Fri 03-Jun-11 19:37:14

I am desperate to own a book I read as a child in the 1970s.

It's an English translation of a Dutch book about a boy who is trying to learn his 7 times table. He shrinks and has a series of adventures which enable him to learn the facts (eg having to defeat 7 spiders by counting their legs 7 x 6)

I really want to give this book to my own daughter, but I can't find it anywhere; amazon, e-bay, obscure out of print book sites.

It's called (I think) the 7 times search. If you have this book hidden in an attic and you are willing to part with it, I will pay.

A long shot - but MN has helped me out in obscure situations before.

GypsyMoth Fri 03-Jun-11 19:40:44

cant helpp you....but i'm bumpng the thread and asking if you know a good out of print book website as i'm looking for a childhood book myself

Valpollicella Fri 03-Jun-11 19:42:23

Have you tried emailing AbBooks? They are absolutely brilliant and have brilliant book knowledge too. Very helpful when I was trying to find an out of print book with very scant knowledge of it

Valpollicella Fri 03-Jun-11 19:43:01

AbeBooks even.....

CMOTdibbler Fri 03-Jun-11 19:48:05

Ah, you mean this?

Put a want on Abebooks, and it will let you know as soon as a copy comes up for sale - Abebooks is really, really good

ScrotalPantomime Fri 03-Jun-11 19:51:41

What kind of spider has 6 legs? hmm

grin

PurveyorOfBaloney Fri 03-Jun-11 19:51:52

I hope the book actually does 7x8 for the spiders shock

Or are Dutch spiders a special breed?

ScrotalPantomime Fri 03-Jun-11 19:54:35

BTW no idea about the book sorry - sounds fun though! Totally understand the urge to share things with the next generation. Thankfully most of mine have been fairly easy to get hold of. Best of luck!

FebreezeYourJeans Fri 03-Jun-11 22:33:34

Bloody Hell, no wonder it didn't help me with my tables if I think spiders have 6 legs - oops sorry brain freeze!

Thanks for your suggestion will put feelers out on Abebooks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now