Talk

Advanced search

please would anyone know what this book is?

(9 Posts)
DuelingFanio Fri 26-Nov-10 19:59:14

I have only sketchy part remembered info as it's a book I read in about 1980 when I was 10 and all I know is it was about a child (Can't really remember if male or female but I think female) who lived in a cottage on her own in a forest. Possibly with occassional visitors but not really living in a village.

that's it... all the info I have. It wasn't a fairy tale, I just remember wanting to be that person.

SOrry for the rubbish info but maybe someone will know exactly what I am talking about

NotAnotherBrick Fri 26-Nov-10 20:00:18

The tanglewood secret?

Lancelottie Fri 26-Nov-10 20:00:30

Pippi Longstocking?
Children of the New Forest?

sleepwhenidie Fri 26-Nov-10 20:06:42

on her own with no family?

I had a book called "A Child In the Forest" by Winifred Foley, set in the Forest of Dean, about a mining family about 80 years ago? She had a family though!

DuelingFanio Fri 26-Nov-10 20:17:50

maybe there was a family around, I will look those up and get back to you. I do know it's not 'children of the new forest', pretty sure it was just one child living on their own.

DuelingFanio Fri 26-Nov-10 20:19:48

ok - not the tanglewood one.

DuelingFanio Fri 26-Nov-10 20:24:11

Hmmm, Don't think it's 'a child in the forest'

Wish I could remember more about it.

Bink Fri 26-Nov-10 20:35:38

There is The Children Who Lived in a Barn which is a classic of that sort (but there are five of them ... there is an oldest girl who has the lead part, so you might be remembering her in particular?)

Greenwing Fri 26-Nov-10 22:11:07

If you wanted to be that person check out Lancelottie's suggestion of Pippi Longstocking. She lives alone and I wanted to be like her when I was 10.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: