Talk

Advanced search

Ballet books for almost 4 yr old

(5 Posts)
Primavera Tue 02-Nov-10 23:37:58

Hi, I am looking for something bit different to Angelina's, or other storybooks, more something factual with lots of nice pictures/photos that DS can sit and look at herself. Any suggestions please?

savoycabbage Tue 02-Nov-10 23:44:49

There is a ladybird ballet book.

here

Oldjolyon Wed 03-Nov-10 22:04:57

My DD is 4 this month, loves Ballet and enjoys this book:

"http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Love-Ballet-Dk/dp/14053 26379/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288821839&sr =1-1"

It is her older sister's book, and perhaps a bit old for her - but I tend to read her the main section and we look at the photos.

Bue Mon 08-Nov-10 14:34:41

If you can get your hands on a copy, A Very Young Dancer is my favourite ballet book ever.
It tells the true story in words and photos of a young girl who dances at the Juilliard School in New York - it culminates with her playing the lead child part in The Nutcracker with the New York City Ballet. The photos are pretty old school now (it was published in the late 70s) but it's mesmerizing stuff. I still sometimes look at my copy!

ps You can find it quite cheap through bookfinder.com.

Elsaz Mon 08-Nov-10 15:03:16

Ballet School by Naia Bray-Moffatt. My dd loved this one when she was that age. It sounds a bit like Bue's one, but with photos from pupils at the Central School of Ballet in London, shows what happens at ballet school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now