Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.


(5 Posts)
LRKIDS Wed 17-Aug-05 17:29:20

I am about to finish the registration process and am trying to work out what to charge. In a leaflet from NCMA it says that the Inland Revenue only take into account one third of your income from childminding as income FOR TAX CREDIT PURPOSES. The only thing is it is 3 yrs out of date. I am a single mum so obviously need to earn a minimum amount but if this is true it means I can charge less. I will be grateful to anyone who can help me with this. Thanks

spacecadet Wed 17-Aug-05 18:15:00

your best bet would be to contact the IR, yourself and get some uptodate info.

spacecadet Wed 17-Aug-05 18:16:02

also in some areas, social services insist that all childminders charge the same, they do round here, try contacting them for advice as well.

alibubbles Wed 17-Aug-05 18:37:30

Message withdrawn

ThePrisoner Wed 17-Aug-05 21:31:52

Ring the NCMA helpline for advice. They are usually more likely to know exactly what's what for childminders than an anonymous person from IR. Even though you are not yet registered, I am sure that they would help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: