Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much do you charge for after school places?

(3 Posts)
MumOnaMission Wed 17-Aug-05 00:20:05

Just trying to get an idea as my dd starts ft school next month and I'm looking for a job. I had childcare when she was at nursery and I had to pay for the full day but how does it work for after school?

ThePrisoner Wed 17-Aug-05 00:39:57

I charge the same hourly rate (£3.50) as I do for any other children, but know that some minders charge more for before/after school care. I charge for whatever it is that a parent wants (within reason!) - I set up a contract in the same way, ie. hours/days required.

I am also the school's emergency contact for those children; parents are always notified first, but I am usually nearer for picking up if necessary (sickness etc.) I would charge my normal hourly rate if the parents want me to collect the child.

You will also need to think about school holidays - if you don't need care then, some minders may charge a retainer (there's a recent thread on this somewhere). When you ring minders to enquire, ensure you ask if they are available for holiday care (if you need it).

angelp Wed 17-Aug-05 07:22:54

£5 an hour per child is the going rate for after school care round here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now