Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ChildCare in South East London

(6 Posts)
FatDad Tue 16-Aug-05 09:51:19

A friend of mine at work has recently had their first child (10 weeks) and his DP is currently staying at home to look after them. She's getting a bit depressed about being trapped in the house with the little one and we were wondering if some sort of regular help coming in (maybe once a week for a couple of hours) might give her a bit of a chance at a break.
Does anyone know of any good agencies in SE London (around Peckham way) who they could have a look at?

Blu Tue 16-Aug-05 10:13:12

TRy SimplyChildcare - it's a subscription advertising magazine, but you then pay the person direct, no egency fees. You can place your on ad, and read ones placed by child-carers. But if you need someone quick you might need to look for an agency.
Look in the back of Living South magazine - a freebie in S London - lots of childcare/babysitting agencies advertised. Get it in wine bars and estate agents in the Bellenden area.

FatDad Tue 16-Aug-05 10:41:25

Thanks for that Blu, I'll pass it on

Twiglett Tue 16-Aug-05 10:44:45

post natal groups are a lifeline at this stage .. ask the health visitor

also as soon as she starts getting out and meeting other mothers with new babies the better .. music groups / playgroups etc.

once she has a network of friends in similar situation it gets easier

there's normally lots going on in the dulwich / east dulwich area

pick up families magazine from doctors surgeries clinics etc

also possibly consider a childminder? ring council and speak to early years

FatDad Tue 16-Aug-05 16:19:40

That sounds useful as well, thanks - I think if she has access to a PC at home a might try reccomending mumsnet as a means of having a chat with other mums when she's not up to going out. I know it helped my DW a lot.
(of course they might just tell me to mind my own business which is fair enough as well)

Blu Tue 16-Aug-05 16:20:53

And Peckham / E dulwich is TEEMING with MN-ers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: