Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ChildCare in South East London

(6 Posts)
FatDad Tue 16-Aug-05 09:51:19

A friend of mine at work has recently had their first child (10 weeks) and his DP is currently staying at home to look after them. She's getting a bit depressed about being trapped in the house with the little one and we were wondering if some sort of regular help coming in (maybe once a week for a couple of hours) might give her a bit of a chance at a break.
Does anyone know of any good agencies in SE London (around Peckham way) who they could have a look at?

Blu Tue 16-Aug-05 10:13:12

TRy SimplyChildcare - it's a subscription advertising magazine, but you then pay the person direct, no egency fees. You can place your on ad, and read ones placed by child-carers. But if you need someone quick you might need to look for an agency.
Look in the back of Living South magazine - a freebie in S London - lots of childcare/babysitting agencies advertised. Get it in wine bars and estate agents in the Bellenden area.

FatDad Tue 16-Aug-05 10:41:25

Thanks for that Blu, I'll pass it on

Twiglett Tue 16-Aug-05 10:44:45

post natal groups are a lifeline at this stage .. ask the health visitor

also as soon as she starts getting out and meeting other mothers with new babies the better .. music groups / playgroups etc.

once she has a network of friends in similar situation it gets easier

there's normally lots going on in the dulwich / east dulwich area

pick up families magazine from doctors surgeries clinics etc

also possibly consider a childminder? ring council and speak to early years

FatDad Tue 16-Aug-05 16:19:40

That sounds useful as well, thanks - I think if she has access to a PC at home a might try reccomending mumsnet as a means of having a chat with other mums when she's not up to going out. I know it helped my DW a lot.
(of course they might just tell me to mind my own business which is fair enough as well)

Blu Tue 16-Aug-05 16:20:53

And Peckham / E dulwich is TEEMING with MN-ers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now