Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club - Please help with problem, what should I do???

(12 Posts)
HellyBelly Sat 13-Aug-05 19:55:32

Hi, I'm after some advice again please.

I called a mum tonight to ask what the last day will be for looking after her ds during the school hols as need to work out finances. No answer so left a messgae. She text'd back to say 25th Aug as his dad is taking him away for the last week.

We have 2 contracts - one for 19 month ds which is full time and one for older ds who's just for the school hols. It's for Tues & Thurs so I at least thought I would have the extra until Tues 30th Aug as don't start back til Sept.

Our contracts state I don't charge for my hols but they have to pay for theirs as can't fill the space. Clearly I should be paid for the full timer as it's just normal hol so should pay. HOWEVER, what do I do about the older one? Should I be paid for that last week before the school hols end?

PLEASE HELP!

beachbummum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:15:21

are you a NCMA member and if so do you use their contracts?

HellyBelly Sat 13-Aug-05 20:16:52

Yes I am and yes I do

beachbummum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:19:44

On these you have to fill out how many weeks notice must be given for holidays what have you put in this section.

beachbummum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:19:48

On these you have to fill out how many weeks notice must be given for holidays what have you put in this section.

HellyBelly Sat 13-Aug-05 20:28:37

I put a week's notice which she's given but I have policies and procedures which were also discussed at contract signing and these say I have 4 weeks unpaid hols and they pay when they have hols.

beachbummum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:33:45

she needs to pay you!
if you have any problems or need more advice phone the NCMA legal advice line - 01253 777468. i have phones them before and the are very helpful.

HellyBelly Sat 13-Aug-05 20:40:20

Thanks a lot!

beachbummum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:43:30

Thats ok hope it helps. its a pain when you expect the money. i find that parents forget that you have bills to pay!!

katymac Sat 13-Aug-05 20:51:36

Good Luck HB (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you)

HellyBelly Sat 13-Aug-05 21:33:04

Cheers guys! Off to bed for an early night. Will let you know how I get on.

HellyBelly Tue 16-Aug-05 15:56:44

Well I decided to wait until I next saw her face to face which was this morning. She was great as said straight away she intended to pay me!

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now