Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder to drop off at nursery - Streatham Hill

(9 Posts)
Verso Thu 11-Aug-05 08:39:09

I'm new to all of this (first-time Mum) and am wondering if anyone knows of a childminder in Streatham Hill that would be willing to drop off at nursery in the morning? My nursery doesn't start until 8am and my work isn't flexible about start times, so I'm a bit stuck. All I need is someone reliable and nice to drop my daughter off at the nursery every morning. (DH will be picking up in the evening.)

Any info on where to find people would be appreciated. (I've already looked at childcarelink and it seems most childminders don't start work until 8am.) Many thanks!

janinlondon Thu 11-Aug-05 09:16:58

Hi Verso - I am in Streatham Hill too. What about finding another parent from the same nursery who might be willing to take both theirs and yours to nursery together if you dropped yours off early?

batters Thu 11-Aug-05 09:21:22

Another Streatham Hillite here, verso, there are a few of us! And at least one Streatham Hill Mumsnet Childminder I think.

Have you considered asking one of the carers at your dd's nursery whether they could consider picking up your dd on the way to work? They might be really happy to have the extra cash. JaninLondon's idea is also a good one - you could ask the nursery to pin up a notice for you and you might get some responses.

PS Hope you had a good break, JaninLondon.

lunavix Thu 11-Aug-05 09:22:14

You might be better asking a nusery worker or parent, as a CM might want a minimum charge - around here it's three hours a day.

Verso Thu 11-Aug-05 14:55:47

Thanks for the responses - and so quick too! Great ideas. Thanks.

Blu Thu 11-Aug-05 14:57:15

Verso - what time do you need care from? Cherubins Nursery on Palace rd opens at 7.30 a.m.

Verso Thu 11-Aug-05 19:57:13

Ooh I know Blu, but it's also hugely expensive! We looked at that one (for convenience) but it would bankrupt us

Blu Mon 15-Aug-05 13:04:47

£33 per day? (for over 2's admittedly)

otto Mon 15-Aug-05 13:21:01

Which nursery have you chosen? Ds goes to MiniStars nursery in Streatham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now