Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My Quality first portfolio arrived today, can I really do it??

(4 Posts)
feelingold Tue 09-Aug-05 21:40:53

.....it looks a lot of work to fit in around minding and the courses I have already booked to go on over the next few months.
I love being a childminder and I find looking after my mindees great fun, we do lots of different activities and we have a great time whilst learning lots, but I do find the 'written' side of things very hard going, but I do want to improve and keep moving forward.
Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

feelingold Wed 10-Aug-05 13:41:50

Had a letter this morning explaining that the accompanying workshops to go with this are one evening a week every month luckily on an evening when dh is at home so not too bad.
The problem with me is that I am a real chatterbox and hands on person but I am going to have trouble putting into written work what I want to sa,(passed 8 'O' levels and then went on to college but this was such a long time ago)
Has anyone started or completed the Quality First?

katymac Thu 11-Aug-05 07:34:39

I haven't done this (I'm struggling with my NVQ)- but pace your self and don't have unrealistic targets, you'll soon get into the swing of it.
Good Luck

ThePrisoner Fri 12-Aug-05 20:57:16

I've completed the whole of the CCP course (ICP, DCP and ECP) and thoroughly enjoyed the social side of things. I abhor having to put into writing the sort of stuff we all know, but have to make it sound "clever."

Yes, it's hard work, but you feel great when you've finished!! It makes you feel ultra professional too.

As a Children Come First networking childminder, I am encouraged to do lots of mini courses and workshops as well. I'm never convinced that a portfolio full of certificates impresses parents as it doesn't really reflect on how "caring" you are, but OFSTED love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now