Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders: Mindie Leaving, sad day.

(11 Posts)
Diddle Mon 08-Aug-05 13:11:44

Have just had a call from one of the parents, she has a baby due, next Feb and has called to say that the before and after school club is cheaper for her daughter and with the baby coming they need the money. I have her at the moment, every day before and after school. this is a big loss for me, plus i adore the little girl I have cared for her, for 2 years now, and she is a treasure. She loves coming and i know she will be gutted she is leaving. I feel so sorry for her.
But then her mom said she may need me to have the baby next year sometime.
I feel so sad. its really hard not to get attached to these kids, and i have done so much for her.
I have told her that if her daughter wants to come here a couple of mornings or afternoons, when she's fed up, or doesn't like after school club then she can.

Plus i will be losing one of my biggest payers.

spacecadet Mon 08-Aug-05 13:13:37

aww, so sorry diddle, you wouldnt be human if you didnt get atatched.

Xena Mon 08-Aug-05 13:16:08

Sorry diddle. How much cheaper is the before and after club? Most of my parents don't want there children at school for such a long day.

Diddle Mon 08-Aug-05 13:18:18

wel i wouldn't either, and i know the poor little mite will be miserable so it may not last. I'm going to investigate the costs and maybe see if i can do a deal.

spacecadet Mon 08-Aug-05 13:33:07

i thought that the before and after clubs were more expensive than achildminder.

Diddle Mon 08-Aug-05 13:41:18

apparently not. i can't get through, they run a holiday club too, but the phone just keeps ringing, they must be outside. will keep trying. It is run by the 326 club, not the school itself and i can't even find a website for them.
I'm sure i could do her a deal.

seb1 Mon 08-Aug-05 13:44:46

have you tried childcare.gov they might be listed with a price

Diddle Mon 08-Aug-05 13:51:11

seb1, excellent thanks, got the prices. I am more, but only because she is with me for a long time. going to do some sums now and see what i can afford. I have found out that the before school club doesn't start until October, so who knows what she's doing then.
I'm going to write her a letter.

Diddle Mon 08-Aug-05 13:51:11

seb1, excellent thanks, got the prices. I am more, but only because she is with me for a long time. going to do some sums now and see what i can afford. I have found out that the before school club doesn't start until October, so who knows what she's doing then.
I'm going to write her a letter.

Diddle Mon 08-Aug-05 13:54:57

right have worked out that if i charged the same I would be losing £77 a month, not sure what to do now. should I offer the reduced price and possibly keep her, or should I let her go? please don't say do what you want, what would you all do???

kcemum Mon 08-Aug-05 14:21:26

Diddle I'm a big softie at heart and get attached to my mindees too. Regarding what I'd do would depend on how easy it would be to fill her space, it's not that easy around here so I would offer the reduced price.

I can't compete with after school (£2.00 per hour) or before school (70p! per session) either but I'm lucky to have parents who are loyal to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now