Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs - Garden equipment

(16 Posts)
JennyPenny23 Fri 28-May-10 22:13:45

Can I just ask any CM:

- How much garden equipment/toys do you have
- What do you find is the most used/most suitable garden toy/equipment
- Do you have a shed specially for kids toys?

Basically, we have moved to a house with a good size garden, but we have had to do a lot of work to it and still have lots to do. We have loads of toys etc but I am finding they are not being used (not actually CM yet, just my 2 toddlers). So happy to have a good clear out and get rid of loads on freecycle, but want to know whats best to keep and what i should get instead!

JennyPenny23 Fri 28-May-10 22:15:22

Oh and what things stay out all the time? I keep putting things to the side of the garden (cars etc) but I am finding it looks really cluttered. But don't want to end up buying an extra shed because I can't fit it all in!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 28-May-10 22:28:47

right

I have

3 slides (baby, toddler with double chute, bigger one for the older ones)These stay out in the summer but get packed away in the garage in winter or the plastic will crack and perish

lovely handmade playhouse with blackboard-paint back wall, cooker/table and chairs

trike/scooter/go kart - these go into garage at night but I have mostly girls at the mo and tbh they are not really interested in vehicles despite all my efforts to be non-gender-specific lol

sand/water table this stays out with cover on at night but packed away in garage in winter

wee wooden picnic bench - this stays out all summer but gets packed away in the garage each winter

gardening tools (wee forks, trowels, buckets, watering cans)I shove in the garage each night

garden toys like stilts, footballs, blah blah get out in the garage each night

my garden is mostly lawn with a patio

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 28-May-10 22:29:26

I need a shed don't I???

HSMM Fri 28-May-10 22:29:26

Footballs. Bubbles. A tent that someone gave us last week. Swings. Slide. We also keep our 'kitchen' in the garden, because I got fed up of tripping over it in the house, but the kids love it being in the garden and sit out there on a little table and chairs making cups of tea for each other (they moved it into the tent this week). Yes, the garden is cluttered, but it can all be piled behing the garage if we want to have an adult bbq, or mow the lawn.

HSMM Fri 28-May-10 22:31:34

Oh yes! Thanks bald - the sandpit (but there's no sand in it at the mo). The kids love sitting in the empty sandpit messing about with buckets and spades. They take the buckets out and travel the garden collecting daisies.

Katymac Fri 28-May-10 22:33:52

I just got some slices of tree & some logs and I planted a second wall on my willow structure

Millenium Sat 29-May-10 07:40:39

I only usually look after babies, toddlers and pre-school children so my garden toys tend to be on the smaller side!

I have sand pit, water-tray, rocker, wheelbarrows and two 'sit-on' cars together with some kiddy-size gardening tools. The larger items stay out all summer getting washed down each morning in case of bird droppings etc.

All get packed away in the winter and just brought out on the brighter dryer days. I am sure it would be different if I had after-school children though.

JennyPenny23 Sat 29-May-10 10:25:59

Thanks all. I don't really know what ages I will have yet, just depends on what comes along.

I have too much pink! Cause the girls get it for Christmas/Birthday etc which I think put people with boys off when they look around.

Had planned the garden clear out for today, but its raining hmm

majafa Sun 30-May-10 09:17:58

'Too much pink'
I have the same problem, but in my case it mainly boys toys Ive got, as my own 2 are boys..smile
Ive got a pastic dome climbing frame
ride ons
sand pit and sand table
water play table
balls
bowls
skipping ropes etc
dolls & push chairs
pop up tents and tunnels
mini gardening equipment
plastic backed car mat for toy cars
outside black board
Id like a bigger shed but hubbie wont let me..

sue12345 Fri 19-Nov-10 11:45:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 19-Nov-10 12:24:27

I have reported this post - you're obviously a spammer, given the number of posts you've made with this link today.

Go away!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 19-Nov-10 12:33:38

good call BIWI

have you reported all the others from today, I don't want to flood HQ

I can do them if you haven't

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 19-Nov-10 15:04:13

I have, BALD< and she's been got rid of.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 19-Nov-10 15:04:44

Oops, sorry about the spare < on your name!

Have a bear

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 19-Nov-10 15:20:08

nom nom pom bear !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now