Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nannyshares -tips

(3 Posts)
lucy01 Sun 07-Aug-05 20:25:50

Our new nanny needs to make up some more hours (we only have her just over half the week). We have been approached by another family to do a share 2 days a week. They will have her in the morning and we will share from lunchtime.

I am concerned that we don't get pushed to the bottom and as their child is just under a year (ours are almost 4 and 18 months)the lunchtime feeds/sleeps are going to be problem.

Anybody had experience of a split day share and any tips of this or just in general?

lucy01 Mon 08-Aug-05 10:56:17

bump

goldenoldie Mon 08-Aug-05 13:17:24

I would ask nanny how she would handle the examples you give - ie. baby needing feed/nap but yours want to go to the park.

I would also talk to other family about how they see it working and any pressure points for nanny. I suspect they may be thinking the opposite - ie. that their baby will get less care/attention because nanny is looking after your two to their one!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: