Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I know there was a thread on this but I can't find it

(11 Posts)
mishmash Sat 06-Aug-05 14:51:02

About nanny's bringing their babies to work. As some of you may know my nanny is pg and will be leaving us shortly. Originally she was going to send baby home to be looked after by her MIL. We were chatting recently and I asked her if this was still what she intended to do and now she is unsure. I am going to suggest that she register with an Agency here but was just wondering what the general consensus was from:

(a) A nanny's point of view - and
(b) An employers point of view

Personally I don't think I would mind too much but then again my kids are older.

As I said she is undecided on whether she keeps the baby with her or not - if she does I would like to think that it would not be an obstacle.

Hattie05 Sat 06-Aug-05 15:04:21

I rang around a few nanny agencies to enquire about me going on their books, but with dd coming to work with me.
Not one of them wanted to know as soon as i mentioned dd . I'm in london.

But i agree with you, i think a lot of people wouldn't mind nanny's bringing their own children - not too different to childminding with your own children is it!

Think the answer may be to advertise privately if agencies don't want to know. Or look in nursery world ads if anyone wanting a nanny would be happy for nanny to bring own children.

jane313 Sat 06-Aug-05 15:07:49

is this the thread
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=2300&threadid=89897&stamp=050705231839
thread

A freind of freind did it with her baby with no problems.

jane313 Sat 06-Aug-05 15:08:36

ok I can really spell friend, let try this again
thread

mumtosomeone Sat 06-Aug-05 15:23:45

As long as she does her job! that sounds awful. but which baby would you go to first?

mishmash Sat 06-Aug-05 16:32:17

Thanks Jane313 - will have a trawl through it later on

Mumtosomeone - I don't think I would allow a nanny bring a baby if one of her charges was a baby too - but I do think if the kids are older then there shouldn't be a problem

Gosh Hattie - that was a bit severe - my nanny would probably have to go through an agency as she is a non-national but will phone them to see what their reaction is

mishmash Sat 06-Aug-05 16:33:03

Would love to see nanny being able to keep her baby with her instead of sending it thousands of miles away and not being able to visit

mumtosomeone Sat 06-Aug-05 17:29:03

Personally i would have baby too!

Tanzie Sat 06-Aug-05 18:12:34

My nanny sent her three girls back to the Philippines, but kept the boy with her.

Hattie05 Sat 06-Aug-05 20:21:25

Mishmash, i rang about three london agencies, and my first question was, would i be able to bring my own child to work. Each one said no immediately before i even told them my name, qualifications anything.

Maybe its better to not make that the first question!

uwila Sun 07-Aug-05 12:58:00

Perhaps agencies are not the best route. AS it is common practise to earn less if you bring your child, that would be a pay cut for the agency too. That's probably why they aren't interested. Not because parents aren't willing. Personally, I wouldn't mind if a nanny brought a child so long as I was confident that it wouldn't compromise the care of my own children. But, then I'm one who doesn't think agencies are worth their fees. So youwould have to find me on the internet or lacally through word of mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now