Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder's Club: Rained Off.....

(16 Posts)
katymac Fri 05-Aug-05 09:35:18

We were supposed to go to Banham Zoo today and it is pouring with rian

Everyone is miserable, and we are all peed off with everything

HellyBelly Fri 05-Aug-05 09:58:01

Horrible isn't it! We're doing arts, crafts and playdoh instead and then off to a ball pit place which I hadn't accounted for. This afternoon a bit of cooking. Not the same when you've planned other things though!

Xena Fri 05-Aug-05 10:20:48

I'm getting really fed up with the weather. Its making the holidays more expensive.

And we are going camping tonight.

HellyBelly Fri 05-Aug-05 10:52:48

Yes, costing more than planned!!

katymac Fri 05-Aug-05 11:23:45

So true...

We're off to London tomorrow morning....dd can't wait

katymac Mon 08-Aug-05 07:59:42

And again.....we were supposed to go to Ranworth Nature Trail - but it would be dangerous in this pain

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 08:10:23

For once we've actually had good weather up in Scotland for a lot of the summer, although that's unusual!!

I agree it is a lot more expensive with kids when it's pouring and the day drags by.......

When do you finish Katy?

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 08:11:23

Also did you and dd have fun in London?

HellyBelly Mon 08-Aug-05 09:05:09

Nice and sunny here today thank goodness, hope it stays that way as it's far too expensive when you can't go outdoors.

katymac Mon 08-Aug-05 09:43:12

What the holidays or childminding....

Back to school on Tuesday 6th Sept (and I can't wait)

Yes we had a great time - We bought loads of books but the museum wasn't up to much......and the family party was OK

kcemum Mon 08-Aug-05 09:44:39

Nice and sunny here too, no mindees tho just my own kids.

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 15:26:12

KM, what museum were you at? We went to the Natural History and it was fab. Mind you I've got boys(don't know if it makes a difference).

We go back to school next Thursday 18th Aug. It's been a good summer but my boys behavour has been awful, too many late nights out playing and early mornings/broken nights!! I've not been childminding much, though. Thank God as dealing with my two are harder for me than dealing with a squad of mindees!!

katymac Mon 08-Aug-05 15:30:07

The British - to see an african exhibit, but it was very dry.....

Tell my about your own children being harder than mindees

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 16:36:36

Yep, was posting on another thread there about ds2. Don't read it, it's depressing!!

NannyL Mon 08-Aug-05 16:40:47

oh dear

the weatehr is gorgouse down here... ive spent most of the day with my old charge in the pool!

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 18:48:50

where are you nannyL?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: