Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder's Club: Rained Off.....

(16 Posts)
katymac Fri 05-Aug-05 09:35:18

We were supposed to go to Banham Zoo today and it is pouring with rian

Everyone is miserable, and we are all peed off with everything

HellyBelly Fri 05-Aug-05 09:58:01

Horrible isn't it! We're doing arts, crafts and playdoh instead and then off to a ball pit place which I hadn't accounted for. This afternoon a bit of cooking. Not the same when you've planned other things though!

Xena Fri 05-Aug-05 10:20:48

I'm getting really fed up with the weather. Its making the holidays more expensive.

And we are going camping tonight.

HellyBelly Fri 05-Aug-05 10:52:48

Yes, costing more than planned!!

katymac Fri 05-Aug-05 11:23:45

So true...

We're off to London tomorrow morning....dd can't wait

katymac Mon 08-Aug-05 07:59:42

And again.....we were supposed to go to Ranworth Nature Trail - but it would be dangerous in this pain

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 08:10:23

For once we've actually had good weather up in Scotland for a lot of the summer, although that's unusual!!

I agree it is a lot more expensive with kids when it's pouring and the day drags by.......

When do you finish Katy?

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 08:11:23

Also did you and dd have fun in London?

HellyBelly Mon 08-Aug-05 09:05:09

Nice and sunny here today thank goodness, hope it stays that way as it's far too expensive when you can't go outdoors.

katymac Mon 08-Aug-05 09:43:12

What the holidays or childminding....

Back to school on Tuesday 6th Sept (and I can't wait)

Yes we had a great time - We bought loads of books but the museum wasn't up to much......and the family party was OK

kcemum Mon 08-Aug-05 09:44:39

Nice and sunny here too, no mindees tho just my own kids.

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 15:26:12

KM, what museum were you at? We went to the Natural History and it was fab. Mind you I've got boys(don't know if it makes a difference).

We go back to school next Thursday 18th Aug. It's been a good summer but my boys behavour has been awful, too many late nights out playing and early mornings/broken nights!! I've not been childminding much, though. Thank God as dealing with my two are harder for me than dealing with a squad of mindees!!

katymac Mon 08-Aug-05 15:30:07

The British - to see an african exhibit, but it was very dry.....

Tell my about your own children being harder than mindees

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 16:36:36

Yep, was posting on another thread there about ds2. Don't read it, it's depressing!!

NannyL Mon 08-Aug-05 16:40:47

oh dear

the weatehr is gorgouse down here... ive spent most of the day with my old charge in the pool!

ssd Mon 08-Aug-05 18:48:50

where are you nannyL?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now