Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Retainer Fees???

(8 Posts)
HellyBelly Tue 02-Aug-05 17:01:13

Quick question......if someone wanted a space saving for start in January, what would you do about charges???

HellyBelly Tue 02-Aug-05 18:30:30

Anyone??

mandyc66 Tue 02-Aug-05 18:54:19

I think you should expect something, to save the place!

HellyBelly Tue 02-Aug-05 18:59:59

I've heard that some people charge half charges until the date they start but I wasn't sure about this and wanted to see what others think. I'm worried about loosing money if I say yes and someone else comes up but don't know what to do?

Anyone who's had this before??

mandyc66 Tue 02-Aug-05 19:03:35

Sorry cant help. January seems a long way off to charge half fees! What about a deposit of a months fees and if they dont turn up you keep it if they do you refund it?

vickiyumyum Tue 02-Aug-05 19:19:08

i used to say that i would hold the place for a deposit of £100 but if someone else wanted the space sooner then i would call them and ask if they still wanted the place and they would then have to start paying the retainer of half the weeks fees as you could otherwise have a space filled.

(i always stated that as at the moment i did have a space i would be willing to waive the retainer at present until either the start date for them or someone else wnated the space as well.) i know that this can sound unfair, but the likely hood of someone else wanting the same space cold be quite slim, but then you are covered then just in case you can fill your spaces. and at the end of the day childminders are there to make money for themselves and there families as well as to provide excellent family orientated care for other children.

Xena Tue 02-Aug-05 19:21:54

Ditto Vicky, January is along way off and you might get a temporary child or the mother (v.possible) could change her mind/hours without any intention to mess you around. So bear it all in mind.

HellyBelly Tue 02-Aug-05 19:39:34

That's all great, sorry, didn't mean charging half fees now , meant if someone else wants those days.

Will let you know how I get on!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: