Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: How are the holidays going?

(19 Posts)
Xena Thu 28-Jul-05 13:49:58

How are you all getting on? So far its been OK but the weather is making it more expensive as we can't do as many of the outdoor activities As I'd planned. They do thankfully all seem to be getting on well, and this is the best behaved DS has been.
Climbing Frame going up at the weekend.
A little girl with D/S is coming next 2 weeks, so for the days she is coming I have planned more home activities.

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 13:55:50

It's a nightmare all our activities have been scaled down as I have so few children...(cos those 2 families cancelled)

Xena Thu 28-Jul-05 14:10:27

I didn't realise both had cancelled, 2 cancelled on me too but thankfully they were not the ones that pay the most. I'm trying to stick to a budget so that I don't spend on them all the extra I earn for these 12hr days!

alison222 Thu 28-Jul-05 14:11:59

I only work term time - its the way it panned out, but it suits me right now as I only have my own two to worry about.
The sun has just come out so we are going out to feed the ducks and run off lots of energy.
also the bad weather has given me an opportunity to be at home and potty train (well start) with DD

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 14:15:00

Yep I lost over 4 grand as they were two families of three children (all claimed for on Tax Credits) They made sure they were getting the money from TC then they cancelled.

Unfortunatey - I shopped them - so unless they withdraw their claim and pay back the money, there will be trouble

Xena Thu 28-Jul-05 14:17:27

Good it serves them right.
Will you still go away at christmas?

Xena Thu 28-Jul-05 14:17:48

Forgot to ask how is your DD getting on?

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 14:21:15

Don't know about Christmas yet (we might have to do some saving) - but we were going to book egypt..I thought I might wait and see

DD is doing remarkably well.....very helpful & supportive so getting lots of pasta for her jar

She is writing in all the mindees diary and so being a great help (and no she is not reading this over my shoulder)

bigdonna Thu 28-Jul-05 16:23:36

glad to hear your dd is happier and obviously responding to positive praise.Maybe spending the summer with you will help.

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 20:17:08

Thanks Bigdonna, for a child with no motivation - she did very well swimming 28 length today (400m). I am starting to think school is the problem not DD

bigdonna Thu 28-Jul-05 21:16:41

wow thats fantastic for a 7 yr old what yr is she in at school my ds is 8 next week and going into yr 4.My ds learnt to swim only last sept and got his 25 metres,but that is so fantastic,was she really pleased with herself?.

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 21:19:41

SO chuffed - so I have put 28 pieces of pasta in her jar

Hopefully we're going to Legoland - well we are going and if she has enough pasta in the jar we will say it is because of all the pasta

She is going into Yr3 but has spant the last yr doing YR3 & YR4 work

bigdonna Thu 28-Jul-05 21:27:29

she must be bright as well as a fantastic swimmer.

bigdonna Thu 28-Jul-05 21:28:38

do you think she is unhappy at school because she is bright?

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 21:33:05

Sorry Xena for the hijack

Bigdonna I'll try and link the other threads....

katymac Thu 28-Jul-05 21:38:02

link1

link2

link3

link4

But only read the first post (I do go on a bit)

bigdonna Fri 29-Jul-05 14:55:42

sorry xena katymac your dd does sound very bright,maybe she has been alienated by her friends for doing yr3 and 4 work.At my dd and ds school their are no mixed classes,they do take the brighter ones out of class for some subjects.they cant really expect her to be as mature as yr3 and4 children.My ds is pretty bright and he seems very imature compared to his friends as he is youngest in his class.Are there any other schools near where you live.It does sound like her problems are at school.

katymac Fri 29-Jul-05 22:05:37

She has been so happy this week. No tantrums (a bit bolshi - but she's 7 what do you expect), enjoying herslf etc

I am really thinking about another school - but there isn't another one that we can easily get too that will go to the right senior school

bigdonna Fri 29-Jul-05 22:29:33

thats a pity!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now