Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders club - payment of money

(14 Posts)
JELLYJELLY Tue 26-Jul-05 17:41:04

I will be doing a school run in spetember, the mum has asked if she can pay me every 4 weeks by cheque. How does this work in practice rather than just on the first of the month?.

Any pros and cons before i accept this?

Does this make sense?

ssd Tue 26-Jul-05 17:43:13

How much are you charging per run Jelly? I've been asked to do this in the past and hadn't a clue what to charge.

CountessDracula Tue 26-Jul-05 17:44:14

Ask her to pay you in the middle of the month ie 2 weeks in arrears 2 weeks in advance.

katymac Tue 26-Jul-05 18:00:31

I'd ask for 4 weeks up front and the each 4 weeks after

ThePrisoner Tue 26-Jul-05 22:18:20

Some of my parents pay me monthly (at the end of the month), haven't had any problems. Is the mum someone you know?

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:23:29

Both of my parents pay 4 weekly in arrears.

lalaa Tue 26-Jul-05 22:25:04

not a cm, but use one. my cm thought about going to a monthly arrangement but found it too difficult with the differing lengths of months. that miight be why the mum has suggested paying every four weeks....

JELLYJELLY Tue 26-Jul-05 23:02:28

Yes it is someone i know so i dont think she will do a runner, I just charge my set rate of 325 per hour which is about £48.00 per week or just under a tenner a day. I know alot of experianced c/m charge about this much.

I think she only wants to have to write one cheque a month but not sure which way to work it.

She used to pay her old minder (my friend) every week but she wouldnt cash it straight away so the mum got all messed up on her accounts so now she wants to just do one cheque a month to make it easier.

Tinker Tue 26-Jul-05 23:50:34

325 per hour!

JELLYJELLY Wed 27-Jul-05 13:49:56

Are you shocked tinker? if so Why?

katymac Wed 27-Jul-05 13:51:15

I think there is a decimal point missing ..... £3.25 an hour

JELLYJELLY Wed 27-Jul-05 13:53:47

Thankyou Katymac, I wish i could charge that, well i could but i would be very quiet.

joanna4 Wed 27-Jul-05 15:30:04

I only accept payment in advance except in very exceptional ciscumstances.

ayla99 Thu 28-Jul-05 10:36:09

The only problem I've had with cheques is that nearly everyone who has paid me by cheque has forgotten their chequebook at least once. One lady forgot EVERY week and would come back later in the evening so I had to wait in for her.

I always get payment in advance now and I've now got a late payment fee of £5 per child per day if they don't pay on the agreed day.

With monthly payments I expect payments the month before so with 4-weekly payments I would also expect payments 4 weeks before the minding date.

This would be in addition to the months deposit as I now keep that until they leave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now