Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club - Expenses help please!!!

(4 Posts)
lunavix Thu 21-Jul-05 19:45:55

Slack as I am I haven't started these [more blushing]

I have been keeping all my receipts, but haven't started writing everything down.

I started minding in April this year, but was registered in December. As such, I bought a lot of items between August (when I did ICP) and this April for my minding eg toys cot etc. However I didn't claim them back tax wise last year, as I didn't earn anything, as I wasn't minding.

So can I claim them back against this years earnings?

lunavix Thu 21-Jul-05 20:21:17

bump!

ThePrisoner Thu 21-Jul-05 21:22:04

I had my accounts checked once by IR (just routine, nothing dodgy!), and they were OK with the fact that I hadn't got receipts for everything anyway (even large items over £10). If they had come to visit my house, they would have been able to see the things that I had bought. Some were items bought second-hand and some were items that I'd just mislaid receipts for.

katymac Fri 22-Jul-05 07:37:35

I would - and if the IR ever asks - say I thought it was OK as they were legitimate business expenses

I think we did that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now