Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club.....Re Expences

(5 Posts)
kcemum Tue 19-Jul-05 17:37:06

Bit long winded but I'll try to get to the point.

I have organised to take my own children on a bus trip to a theme park and I have the blessing of a mindees parents to take her with me.
This mindee is under the age of two so I don't have to pay for the journey or for entry to the park. My feeling is that because I'm not paying anything for her I can't claim for this on expences, however I organised this trip as it is aimed more at her age group than my own children and works out more expensive than the alternative trip that I had in mind. So would I be right in thinking that i can't claim it on my expences or not?
What would other minders do?
Sorry it's a long one!!

bonkerz Tue 19-Jul-05 18:14:15

I would claim YOUR entrance fee as expense (well you have to be with mindee!!) Also claim travel costs for yourself and mindee.

I took my ds to a theme park and claimed all milage costs and my entry fee even though i didnt have to pay for mindee!

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 18:17:29

I'm with Bonkerz - claim your enterance fee and the mileage

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 23:24:26

and possible the other childrens enterence fees

ayla99 Wed 20-Jul-05 12:43:29

Yes you are allowed to claim your own entrance fee as well as that of any mindies P.12 NCMA Members Handbook 3.

Don''t forget to claim your bus fare (40p per mile if you use your car) and the cost of any meals, snacks, drinks, ice-creams if you buy any for your mindies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: