Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Summer Holidays......what a waste of time

(11 Posts)
katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 14:08:47

Well I have 5 under fives booked this summer holidays. I did have 2 sets of three older children booked.

Both families have changed their minds - so I'm nearly empty for the holidays less than a week to go - so no chance of booking anything else

Massive drop in income at a time when I need extra - any suggestions anyone?

SoupDragon Tue 19-Jul-05 14:30:33

Advertise yourself as a playscheme?

kcemum Tue 19-Jul-05 14:31:58

Sorry no suggestions other than mass advertising, shoving your face in everybodies way and saying " hi I'm a c/m do you want some free time during the hols? if so let me etc etc etc"

Nothing more constructive I'm afraid as I'm in the same boat and going through a bit of a rough time with it all myself.

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 15:43:41

I'm so annoyed that they cancelled - it's not fair [petulant emoticon]

Ameriscot2005 Tue 19-Jul-05 16:05:55

Can you offer yourself for emergency childcare?

My husbands employer has a contract with Bupa Childcare to provide regular (nannies, childminders and aupairs) and emergency childcare for their employees. It might be worth contacting Bupa to see if you can be put on their list.

Bupa Childcare

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 16:16:41

Bupa only opeates within 35 miles of Charing Cross and only offer Nannies - nice try tho'

Ameriscot2005 Tue 19-Jul-05 16:33:35

They do more than nannies. They provide childminders in my area (18 miles West of Charing Cross) and also set me up with an aupair.

ssd Tue 19-Jul-05 16:34:06

Really sorry to hear this, KM.

This is the hardest thing about minding, it's so unpredictable. Really hard to rely on the income.

Good luck filling 'em spaces....

ssd xxx

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 18:13:10

Spoke to SS about emergancy and respite care - they'll get back to me - so no joy there....

If I hadn't had the bookings I'd have advertised more - I'm an idiot

SoupDragon Tue 19-Jul-05 18:15:26

Has the school you do after school club for broken up yet? Can they distribute a leaflet for you? Leaflet in local libraries?

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 18:18:29

They've all had a leaflet and so does the library - I don't think I can do anything now it's too late - I'm just whinging

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now