Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Notice letter what to write.

(18 Posts)
Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 19:32:45

Ok, Please feel free to give your opinion on this descision, but i'm fairly sure it is a now firm that I have to let this child go.
Child X age 5 been v. difficult to care for, v sweet, but lots of soiling, wetting, parents don't help and I don't often get the clothes back that I have leant them, they say they are going to take her to the doctors but they never do.
When I took the child on, the idea was that I was supposed to have x for the school holidays some of the time and the G'parents would have x the rest of the time. When I asked what was happening over the summer they said they have a girl staying with them and they wouldn't need me.. bang goes that income.
The final straw.... I took the children to the park yesterday for a picnic and when we arrived back (in time for other childs pickup x doesn't get picked up till later) x's mum waiting says she has been calling the house phone (says she doesn't have my mobile number.. Ipoint out its on the front of the contract) anyway I hear from one of the others parents that she was livid and said 'well what if we want to do an early pick up??' TO which the other parent replied call her on her mobile.
Today at breakfast x is saying 'My mum was calling everyone and called you lots cause she didn't know where we were, she says she is not cross but you should ask her permission next time'

I was so cross, how dare she undermine me to the child 'why not talk to me about it'
I would have told her that we have been to the park loads in the last couple of weeks and if she was going to pick up early with no notice then she could call me on my mobile and pick up from where we were.

Anyway I have no idea what to put in the letter. Do I write a standard letter and explain verbally or what??

Katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 20:28:51

I would just write a standard letter, saying that you are giving notice and that you will be unable to look after the child from X date

Poor you
If my parents didn't care enough to programme all my tel nos into their phone.....I don't know what I'd do....it's disorganised and sad...I think

Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 20:38:25

I know that you thought it was the right thing to do to terminate the conract anyway, but do you think I should verbally explain, I think she will probably ask why.

Katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 20:40:26

I hesitate to say that as she doesn't care enough about her child to have the tel no of the C/Mer...

Just say that your circumstances have changed and that you can't mind XYZ anymore

Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 21:01:59

Though we have 6 newbies starting in th next couple of months

Katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 21:12:20

That you are taking on new children doesnot affect the fact that you cannot look after this one anymore.

If she pushes you form more info - just repeat that you Will not look after her child anymore

Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 21:26:09

Ok so you think no reasons?

katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 21:32:17

Does she deserve any reasons? - is she reasonable? - Do you care what she thinks about you?

I'd just be glad to be rid

Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 21:33:21

Yes thats sort of what I think, I'm sure that she will bad mouth me what ever I say.

katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 21:43:38

And your exsisting parnets will respect you.

If they ask questions - just say there were Issues I'd rather not talk about it

Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 21:45:34

I was thinking more about at school, she has fallen out with the other mindees parents anyway.

katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 22:00:59

Well surely your other parenst will defend you?

Mine have defended me with a parent who left under a cloud

Xena Tue 12-Jul-05 22:01:59

Yes I'm sure they will be supportive, I will let you know what happens!

katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 22:03:00

Good Luck

Xena Wed 13-Jul-05 18:22:25

Well I gave x's mum the letter & she phoned me after to discuss it and basically x isn't coming again..... Oh well as I said before i'm only sad for x.

JELLYJELLY Wed 13-Jul-05 19:10:00

was she upset or did she just accept it?

Xena Wed 13-Jul-05 19:39:33

Cross/stroppy, denied most of it, and didn't get as far as telling her how dissapointed I was that they hadn't told me about there summer plans, that I had to ask.
Anyway its over with now and I have a good few applicants for her space.

katymac Wed 13-Jul-05 20:36:53

Glad it went well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now