Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder's Club: I've dropped someone in it.....

(19 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 09-Jul-05 18:58:38

I'm being very smug and self rightous.....

A while ago someone asked if they could book their children in with me and said yes and they backed out a while later

I had a phone call on Friday asking about how often the children are booked in and how much they pay (from the BA on behalf of the IR)

So I said they didn't come here ('cos they don't) - and I feel so good (and a bit guilty) about it 'cos they really messed me about and caused me loads of extra work

HellyBelly Sat 09-Jul-05 19:30:58

Hi KatyMac, think I remember you posting about them when they let you down?! Anyway, you've got nothing to feel bad about as if they're in trouble, that's their fault for lying! Anyway, they mucked you about so I understand why you feel good

KatyMac Sat 09-Jul-05 19:34:10

It is benefit fraud isn't it - help with childcare costs are still benefits aren't they?

And I told them when they cancelled that they better hadn't have claimed as the BA/IR would check

RTKangaMummy Sat 09-Jul-05 19:39:54

were these the ones who wanted 3 places over summer IIRC

or am i completly muddled up

HellyBelly Sat 09-Jul-05 19:42:20

This is the one I think it is too RTKangaMummy, might be wrong though?

KatyMac Sat 09-Jul-05 19:47:16

That's right - I spent ages reorganising our whole summer, then they backed out - but they have claimed all that money (over 2K)

hunkermunker Sat 09-Jul-05 19:47:54

Good on you, KM!

HellyBelly Sat 09-Jul-05 19:51:15

Serves them right!!

KatyMac Sat 09-Jul-05 19:51:33

Maybe they "forgot" to tell the BA/IR that they changed their minds

RTKangaMummy Sat 09-Jul-05 19:52:48

DEFFO BRILL

Horray for KMc and justice !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HellyBelly Sat 09-Jul-05 19:58:01

Even if they forgot, who cares - got pay back for mucking you around!! NICE ONE!!

KatyMac Sat 09-Jul-05 19:58:42

Is it wrong to feel that they deserve whta they get??

What will happen to them?
They are also claiming as single parents - but they live together....will that get them in more trouble?

Should I have said anything to the BA/IR?#

Should I say anything to the parents?

gigglinggoblin Sat 09-Jul-05 20:01:51

course they deserve it - who do you think pays for people making fraudulent claims? the money doesnt come from nowhere. i wouldnt say anything to them, let it come as a surprise. did you tell them they were living together? they wont know otherwise i imagine. well done you

RTKangaMummy Sat 09-Jul-05 20:14:02

If you lied for them and said that they were coming to you

Then what about your TAX return????????

Xena Sat 09-Jul-05 21:33:38

Nice one ....... and yes it serves them right

KatyMac Sat 09-Jul-05 21:37:00

I'm glad no one thinks I'm a B*tch

HellyBelly Sun 10-Jul-05 10:08:02

Course not!

ThePrisoner Sun 10-Jul-05 18:00:12

I've had check-up requests about children I've minded from years ago, and I won't lie about stuff. I've been told that the IR won't cross-reference claims made by parents to the amount of money a childminder says she is earning, but I think the potential is still there for them to do that! I always tell parents that I won't lie, so the onus is on them to be truthful.

KatyMac Sun 10-Jul-05 19:00:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now