Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

References - what's important to a CM?

(6 Posts)
holidaygirl Fri 08-Jul-05 12:52:53

I am putting together a reference for my childminder, who as I've mentioned is wonderful, as she needs an updated one for her pack.

I could go on about how great she is with our DD but would like to know from a CM's point of view what's important on a reference. Which areas of care should I concentrate on when singing her praises so that future parents (or inspectors) get a good indication of just how well she does her job.

Any thoughts welcome.

HG

KatyMac Fri 08-Jul-05 13:09:17

Is she reliable and dependable

Does she do a good handover when you drop off and pick up

Do you always know what is happening

Does she ever cancel at short notice without a reasonable excuse

Does she provide a high standard of care, does she educate

I'll add more if I think a bit more

(lovely btw that you will write a ref - I bet she appreciates it)

ThePrisoner Fri 08-Jul-05 20:38:46

Provides loving, caring home environment? Makes u feel welcome in her home?

How long she's cared for your child (especially if it's been long-term!); good continuity of care if nursery/school runs accommodated as child has grown older?

Involves children in activities outside the home (library, music groups, park, outings)?

... and everything KatyM has said ...

ThePrisoner Fri 08-Jul-05 20:46:18

... and could u write one for me two while you're at it ... ??

ThePrisoner Fri 08-Jul-05 20:46:37

or "too" even

holidaygirl Sun 10-Jul-05 15:36:19

Thanks for all the pointers, it really helped focus my thoughts. Hope my reference does her justice, she really is fab!

HG

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now