Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sad day for me tomorrow [sad]

(7 Posts)
blodwen Wed 06-Jul-05 21:50:24

Tomorrow morning at 7.30 will be the last time my mindee arrives. She has been coming to me for 5 mornings a week since September 1993! She started at 8 months and is now 12 and off to secondary school in September! I will really miss her, as will all my little mindees. I have made her a photo album of her time with me, with picures drawn by the other children and a written bit by me too. We (she, I and the other 7 children) are going for a picnic breakfast (weather permitting) and having croissants, pancakes and strawberries. Think we will all be blubbing !

ja9 Wed 06-Jul-05 21:51:39

ahhhh, thats lovely!

moondog Wed 06-Jul-05 21:54:04

blodwen...and how lucky she has been to have you as a childminder! Hope they appreciate you-you sound like a treasure (and are no doubt booked up until 2010!)

blodwen Wed 06-Jul-05 22:08:36

Ahh... thank you guys! Yes, they do appreciate me too, and yes, I am full (but only up to 2009!). One really nice thing is that the 12 year old has been asked to be a Godmother to the 6 month old baby boy I look after! (I've had his 5 year old sister from 3 months, so they know her really well). It's like one big extended family.

Crazymama Wed 06-Jul-05 22:59:53

Thats so sad.......Ive got tears in my eyes. But nice, but sad...see what youve done to me!

blodwen Thu 07-Jul-05 20:15:02

The picnic went well! There were a few tears from the mindee, her mum and me, but we will keep in touch. They gave me a beautiful bouquet and a lovely watch! And she'd made little cards for all the other mindees, and sweets for them too! Oh well... at least I have all the others to keep me busy!!!

KatyMac Thu 07-Jul-05 20:15:40

Awww...that's lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now