Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny friend problems

(4 Posts)
AnnaInManchester Wed 06-Jul-05 10:04:09

I have a nanny friend who is 4 mth pregnant with her 1st baby. She nannies for 2 yr old boisterous twins. The boys' mother is still making her do quite heavy housework, which can take up to 2 hrs a day as they live in a large 5 bed house. My friend is really suffering with her pregnancy with morning sickness and fatigue, but whenever she complains her boss, including the father just tell her she's being really silly and that the mother was still doing housework at 4 mths. She cant really walk out at the mo because she needs the money for the arrival of wee bubba.

starlover Wed 06-Jul-05 10:20:49

her employers are breaking the law by making her do unsuitable work.
i don't know how she would go about remedying this, but bumping in case anyone else knows.

AnnaInManchester Wed 06-Jul-05 10:26:26

Are they really breaking the law? I didn't know that! Would she get any assistance from Citizens Advice?

starlover Wed 06-Jul-05 11:01:19

yes, because your employer have to take pregnancy into consideration and make sutre you are not at any risk. they are not allowed to give you unsuitable work

for example.. i worked at clarks shoe shop, and was not allowed to go up ladders to get stock, i wasn't allowed to carry more than 2 shoe boxes at a time etc!

definitely go to CAB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now