Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Feeling argh today...

(5 Posts)
lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 14:59:47

Still have no triple buggy. Found two on ebay under £200, one is a bit manky but might have to do, the other needs collection which I can't do I NEED a triple buggy.

I've had my last session with my first ever mindee, and now I just have my twin mindees, and that's it. The only phone calls I'm getting is for school pickups in very obscure places which I can't do.

I had a phone call for 2 boys (1 and 3) full time which I couldn't do as I have the twins 3 days, and I passed it on to my friend who's doing it instead. I feel a bit as if I was working full time, I wouldn't need any more mindees but sadly it's not to be. How the * am I going to fill 2 random days??

Rant over.

KatyMac Fri 01-Jul-05 21:17:16

Good luck finding one - have you contacted your local TAMBA (Twins and Multiple Birth Ass) who might have a notice board

My children are a patchwork of part-timers - I have someone looking for 2 days in Oct and another mum wanting the other 3 in Jan

I have one doing MWF and another doing TTH
I have one that comes while another is in nursery - You just have to hope for the best

Talk to your friend about doing holiday cover - maybe spliting it with a 3rd C/Mer

Good luck and don't get downhearted

ThePrisoner Fri 01-Jul-05 21:36:35

Let it be known to just about anyone u meet that u are childminder and have a p/t space!

I've got a temporary space for a few months but within a very short space of time, by just talking to people, I've taken on several children for whole/part days (both for working parents and those who just want an occasional break).

Could u do a simple ad to drop thru local letterboxes or leave at any toddler groups u attend? Does your local paper do free ads? Make sure your childrens info service know u have a vacancy.

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 21:38:43

I am already doing a fair bit of advertising. I'm going to make a webpage and try that too, no harm in trying.

I'm feeling a bit better now, I was feeling most down about the buggy tbh! I hate the feeling of being stuck indoors, I love being out and about and it's just a pain ita atm.

HellyBelly Sat 02-Jul-05 09:20:35

Hi Lunavix, saw buggy on wanted board (around 15th June ish) but it may be over your budget? Just thought I'd mention it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now