Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Got me new car!!!

(22 Posts)
Puppy Fri 01-Jul-05 14:09:17

Just picked up our new car, this means that I can mind another two children, which means more friends for DS and other mindees (and more income for the family).
Sorry just abit excited,I had to post it , Im like a kid at xmas.

kcemum Fri 01-Jul-05 15:13:25

(stamps feet in tantrum style!)

It's not fair. I WANT A NEW CAR!!! mindyou I'd be happy with some more mindees or at least an enquiry!

hanginginthere Fri 01-Jul-05 15:25:43

Woohoo!! Exciting!
Come on then, give us all the details - colour, make and model, any gimmicky bits inside, scotchguard on the seats or not!?!

JELLYJELLY Fri 01-Jul-05 16:17:55

SO Jealous,but happy today i served my intention to marry at the registry office in a years time.

Well done you, where did you find it?

Puppy Sat 02-Jul-05 16:22:36

Sorry i could not reply last week as I went for a long ride in it .

Its a Fiat ulysse, diesel so cheaper to run, silver, and has eight seats which are a bright blue ( the mindees will love especially the 8yrs old), the back three seats are a bench seat middle one having a lapbelt but all the others are the across the body type belt, has drink holders and a coolbox, mmmmmm climate control which is fab much better than the galaxy we just had( which in a silly way i will miss). I found it on autotrader website, oh its second hand could not afford a new one as they cost £19,000 approx ouch! ours was half of this its a 2003.

Puppy Sat 02-Jul-05 16:23:05

not last week thant should be last night, he he

KatyMac Sat 02-Jul-05 16:46:14

Congratulations I have a silvery green one - I love the car but hate fiat servicing - so if you know a good garage go for it

Enjoy it

JELLYJELLY Sat 02-Jul-05 22:08:05

I just brought a car tonight, and i am so happy about it, having a very rare glass of wine to celebrate.

bonkerz Sat 02-Jul-05 22:10:30

yey, i have a fiat ulysses too and love mine, its a 2001 model and is just the best! I too am a childminder and regualrly fill all 7 extra seats (luckily i have baby car seats that fit on the lap belts!!)

Puppy Sun 03-Jul-05 22:17:08

What car have you bought jelly?
Sounds like I have made a wise choice picking the ulysse, its lovelly to drive, i'm really pleased

mandyc66 Sun 03-Jul-05 22:20:22

looking for a new car too. Got a thread about 8 seaters.looks like i need a mini bus!!!

QueenEagle Sun 03-Jul-05 22:22:02

Like a TOURNEO, eh Mandy?

mandyc66 Sun 03-Jul-05 22:28:25

that what you have? Yes like the look of it

QueenEagle Sun 03-Jul-05 22:31:25

Yes! I love my Tourneo. Have missed it though as I haven't been able to drive it for the last 6 weeks (bad knee dontcha know) It's ok to drive now so getting back behind the wheel tomorrow - yippee!

JELLYJELLY Mon 04-Jul-05 08:34:43

I have brought a vauxhal sintra, not the car i originally wanted but really fab condition,low mileage, smart inside and out, really pleased with it for the money. Bit nervous about driving it though as i only passed my test in sept and this is a 3 litre cdx v6 automatic engine. (havent driven an automatic). The money is going through today so hopefully i can pick it up today or i have to wait till the weekend - boo.

JELLYJELLY Mon 04-Jul-05 08:35:48

are there many car seats that will fit the lap belt only bonkerz?

bonkerz Mon 04-Jul-05 21:39:52

have two of these and they fit in using the lap belts and are great!

JELLYJELLY Tue 05-Jul-05 07:45:35

thanks i need to get one for a school age. It is good to know that there are ones for little children as well.

mandyc66 Tue 05-Jul-05 10:00:30

think car seats are few and far between for lap belt,I have a britax onr that does

Puppy Tue 05-Jul-05 22:07:09

Sorry I can't help on the car seat bit.

ok rant alert:

Well that nice new car of mine has a lovely set of scratches on it arghh. Today DH and I went to pick mindees up, the road the school is located on is a extremely busy road as there is 3 schools all next to each other on it, so people park on one side and the traffic has to pass on ther other, anyway I always park in the staff car park has I have been given permission, Dh followed a car slowly which proceeded to go in the carpark, but stopped in the gates (so did we 6foot away ) the man then reversed straight into us!! . He got out of car and started blaming DH saying that we shouldn't have followed him when he was reversing well we stopped as soon as he did, anyway he carried on ranting at us, then his DW came out of the school and accused my DH of speeding down the road where children were and ran in the the back of her DH and that she had witnesses for starters there were no children in sight and also this road i am talking about you can not go more than 5mph cos of the traffic. THe DH then changed his story saying that DH had ran into the back of him. Shall i carry on or am i ranting too much?

Puppy Tue 05-Jul-05 22:14:14

I'll carry on, i got out of car to meet the children and asked the group of parents if any of them witnessed it but they all moved away from me and i explained what had happened as they said they had just heard the crunch, one mother said well you can't reverse with out lights on(eh?) and another one said oooo hes a prison officer aswell(like it matters what he does for a living), and in the mean time the other drivers wife asked my DH for insurance details, my DH yes you can have them but I will be needing yours too, she refused to give their details and her DH was growing more agressive and threatened to hit my DH, my DH just said look theres no point in talking to you if your going to be uncivilised about it and then collected me with the mindees and we went back to the setting. DH went to the police station to report the incident and also rung insurance company.
Our car has just got scrathes on and theres had got a broken light and scratch.
ok rant over needed to get that off my chest.

mandyc66 Tue 05-Jul-05 22:53:05

oh no!!! What a prat...thats him not you!!!
Poor new car

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now