Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: She has changed my grading!!

(14 Posts)
Xena Wed 29-Jun-05 08:39:41

I had my inspection on Monday and she was here for a very stressfull 4 hours and only graded my satisfactory (with only 3 minor recommedations) I thought this was unfair and all my practices are good. The parents were cross and said that they would send supporting letters to OFSTED but yesterday I left a message for the inspector to call me. She called a 7.45am this morning and said that after reviewing her notes and the report she had written I would get GOOD hurrah!! She said I might get better in the health!

lockets Wed 29-Jun-05 08:45:41

Message withdrawn

KatyMac Wed 29-Jun-05 08:52:21

And you were so upset on Monday....I'm really pleased for you

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE - you should get a treat for working hard

KatyMac Wed 29-Jun-05 08:52:36

BTW - Told you so

Xena Wed 29-Jun-05 14:33:59

Thankyou

Marina Wed 29-Jun-05 14:40:02

Xena, congratulations after a stressful time.

If I CAT you, would you be able to tell me if there is a childminder in a specific road in our borough? I pass a friendly looking house on my travels where someone has moved in not long ago and I am sure she has to be a childminder. Lots of cheerful hellos and goodbyes in the front garden...

Xena Wed 29-Jun-05 17:10:54

Yep I could do that.

Marina Thu 30-Jun-05 11:34:24

Hi Xena, I managed to pluck up courage (what am I like ) to interrogate NOT the lady herself, but her next-door neighbour whom I know slightly! She is a childminder, just got registered, and I am going to call in!
Thanks anyway

Xena Thu 30-Jun-05 16:15:40

Call in to visit her you mean?

Marina Thu 30-Jun-05 16:29:53

Yes, this weekend. Tina at the Children's Info Service has played "cupid" for us.
I am excited Xena because if all goes to plan, we could make different and IMO better nursery school arrangements for dd when she turns three.
We didn't have any childminders within walking distance when I last checked and she does seem such a nice lady from the snatches of conversation I have overheard !

Xena Thu 30-Jun-05 16:32:27

I think that she must be registered if the CIS know about her? Hope it goes well let me know.

Xena Thu 30-Jun-05 16:33:51

I can't remember where you are in N/E but there is 1 terrible c/minder who has vacanies, I think you should be able to spot her though, CAT me if you need to.

Marina Thu 30-Jun-05 16:36:22

She is registered, quite newly I believe (only moved into road at start of year) and was spoken of very warmly by the CIS. She is actually currently full, I am planning ahead here
I will CAT you though as we did some asking around when we moved to N/E and felt there was a real lack of acceptable minders in the area.
Thanks
M x

Xena Thu 30-Jun-05 18:12:19

Oh sounds good can't be her she has lived in N/E quite a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now