Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitter in Hackney area?

(13 Posts)
dinosaur Tue 28-Jun-05 13:35:43

This is a long-shot but perhaps someone can help. Do you have someone who babysits for you who might be able to babysit for the mini-Dinos for two hours this Thursday? My DH has organised something which I'd like to go to, but the girl I was hoping could babysit can't do it at such short notice.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 28-Jun-05 13:38:46

Cat me, I might be able to find you someone. What time do you need them for?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 28-Jun-05 13:39:31

Or rather, email me, as you have my address. If I can't find someone, I can find someone who can find someone. (Allison has someone local to her who babysits, I think ... probably closer to you than anyone I know.)

dinosaur Tue 28-Jun-05 14:27:28

Ooh, NQC, I'm at work and only have your email addy at home! How frustrating.

I can log on at home this evening.

I need someone for two hours, 8.30 - 10.30.

If you do know of anyone, that would be fantastic!

dinosaur Tue 28-Jun-05 14:27:31

Ooh, NQC, I'm at work and only have your email addy at home! How frustrating.

I can log on at home this evening.

I need someone for two hours, 8.30 - 10.30.

If you do know of anyone, that would be fantastic!

NotQuiteCockney Tue 28-Jun-05 14:51:55

dinosaur, you remember my last name? v. common. My email is (my-first-initial)dl(my-last-name)@hotmail.com.

Do you have allison's email? I can forward a message, if that's ok, and ask? Oh, I still have your email, but it's a virgin account, so I'm assuming it's your home one? I think someone in Hackney would be better for you, than someone from Mile End.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 28-Jun-05 14:55:03

Ok, I've given Alison your email address, without waiting for an ok. Hope that's ok.

I'll ask around at school and see if anyone knows anyone. I'm sure they would, everyone at DS1's school is from Hackney.

dinosaur Tue 28-Jun-05 15:54:52

NQC that's fine - thanks very much!

NotQuiteCockney Tue 28-Jun-05 19:56:39

Ack, no luck with Allison, her babysitter's moved away. Will make other inquiries.

Will any children be awake in this time? Will you be able to drive a babysitter home afterwards?

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 20:57:55

Have you thought about using a babysitting agency, i work for one called sitters give them a call on 08003890038 they can normally arrange one with just a couple of hours notice.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 28-Jun-05 21:36:34

Oh, there's a nanny agency in Docklands who are ok. I will vouch for you with them if you want (they seem to want that, presumably particularly if they're sending out someone young?). They're called Riverside. They're on 0207 374 6363. I've used them once, for myself, and a few times, through the co-op.

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 21:42:30

I work in Reading but sitters have baby sitters who are professionals ie teachers, nurses, doctors, childminders etc thoughtout england, they have very strict entry requirements.

dinosaur Wed 29-Jun-05 09:57:28

Thanks very much everyone - I've actually got someone now - I rang a friend who lives locally to see if she could suggest anyone, and she volunteered to do it herself!

I do use Sitters but the problem with them is that it's a minimum of four hours - which I just do not need on this occasion as it's just a fairly brief local outing with friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now