Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders clubs - Groups

(15 Posts)
JELLYJELLY Mon 27-Jun-05 23:06:55

Relating to the other thread about this parent, she was shocked at spending 5.80 per week on clubs. Anyone else find this two high. I am quite happy to pay this out for my own child and she did say that she wanted her child to be alot.

This is 4 clubs a week spaning the whole morning for most of them.

Views please

ThePrisoner Mon 27-Jun-05 23:47:02

I've just worked out what I pay out each week for attending local groups (toddlers, music etc) and it comes for £10.45/week!!! Eeek!

I don't charge parents for these activities unless they only come for a day or couple of mornings.

It all looks good on my tax return because, obviously, if u charge the parents, u can't claim it as a legitimate expense!

ThePrisoner Mon 27-Jun-05 23:47:26

That's £10.45 per child!!

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 07:50:12

so again i am running things cheap.

Thanks

HellyBelly Tue 28-Jun-05 09:23:16

Hi again Jellyjelly - I don't charge but then again, I don't go to as many groups. So far I've just got the one 2 year old 3 times a week and the only day there is a toddlers group in my area on those days is the monday. I will go to that and probably pay £1.50 for both kids and I'm happy not to charge as I'm still getting paid £5.50 (after the fee) for the mindee during those 2 hours where I'm not having to entertain them so much. Does that make sense???

Really depends on what the groups are as my ds's music and dance group is a lot more a session than a toddler group. What are you taking them to?

kcemum Tue 28-Jun-05 09:32:09

Hello JellyJelly,

I also charge parents for outings and clubs etc all though not the minders group.

I also charge a low hourly rate as there is alot of competition around me, It is amazing how parents can quibble about an extra 50p per hour and end up going to a cheaper minder, I always say you pay for quality care.

HellyBelly Tue 28-Jun-05 09:38:22

Kcemum - how do you go about charging for outings (I'm new)? Do you have a set amount a week/month for outings of your choice or do you ask the parents if you can take them somewhere and ask for the money when you go??

Sorry if sounds a bit thick !

kcemum Tue 28-Jun-05 09:52:26

Hellybelly, At the beginning of their week (or sometimes at the end of the week- if I'm organised) I say we're going to be doing this, this and this...would you like your child to participate, if so I need x amount of money. So far they have agreed, I would be pretty stuffed if they say no though!!

I also have it written into the contracts that parents pay for trips, outing etc.

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 13:59:52

I have it written into my terms and conditions

monday- drop in group cost free
tuesday- swamp run around 3.00
wednesday - childminder drop in 1.50
thursday group 80p
friday - group 150.

i would be happy if a minder said that this was the charges.

I do morning and afternoon sessions and i go to group in the morning and do arts and crafts that sort of thing in the pm slots.

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 14:01:28

I also have to say i wouldnt be that bothered if i had to pay for the children if i had a higher rate AND it was only a couple of cheap group but it isnt so i cant. I also dont want to fall under by not charging for this.

HellyBelly Tue 28-Jun-05 14:09:06

Well I think I will do what you do jellyjelly and list certain activities into my contract, if it will work with future enquiries (if I get any more - gone a bit quiet now although got a phonecall this morning - she thought I was a childminding agency!! )

Didn't want to ask for too much money for my new part timer (Mon - Wed) as she's already had 2 childminders and they didn't charge. I need to get a bit more confidence in what I'm asking for, will learn from the mistakes of my 1st contract

Actually jellyjelly, I'll email you in a sec as got some new info on something.

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 14:15:22

I am learning because as you know they are trying to walk all over me.

HellyBelly Tue 28-Jun-05 14:17:13

Yes they are - I'm at some of them!!!

Just sent email!

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 14:26:28

some of mine or some of yours?

HellyBelly Tue 28-Jun-05 14:31:20

Shocked at what some of yours have been requesting!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: