Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do you work in a nursery? What do you think of this Staff Apprasial thing?

(6 Posts)
charliecat Mon 27-Jun-05 11:12:58

I think its going to be but hopefuly beneficial in the long run...i hope!

MexicanMarissa Mon 27-Jun-05 12:09:45

I had them and its ok. I had just moved into a room with another nursery nurse and I told the manager who was doing the self appraisal that this girl and I got on really well and I thought my communication with her and the parents were really good and she bit back 'well marissa, you have to get on with all the staff, not just Rabeena, you know'

It was just the way she said it - made me feel like crap. She also had a go at one day she walked into our room and saw me sat there, just watching the kids (ages 18mths - 2), but if the kids were playing by themselves, what was I suppoosed to do, force them into a game with me? It was not like I never played with them but I felt it was important to learn to play alone and independantly too. I hated that boss!

MexicanMarissa Mon 27-Jun-05 12:10:04

but u'll be fine charliecat

charliecat Mon 27-Jun-05 12:11:34

I am trying to write it down at the mo. oh awful. Cant get past the first sentence.
Your boss sounds awful, are you still there?

MexicanMarissa Mon 27-Jun-05 12:18:22

No, I left in 2002. Was there for about 6 months.

charliecat Mon 27-Jun-05 12:20:05

Oh right...im still browsing MN instead of writing something useful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now