Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders club - one of my mindees is being a tinker!!!!

(7 Posts)
lunavix Thu 23-Jun-05 13:16:36

Usually she shares a room with her brother for nap time, there's two travel cots in there, but ds has gone away with the PIL for a long weekend (as we're going to glastonbury!!) and they've taken their travel cot (which I borrow). Her brother has gone straight down for his nap, in his usual cot, but I've had to put her in ds's cot in his room - and she's causing mayhem!!!! She can reach his bedside cabinet which is full of all his 'precious' stuff, lock of hair all the tiny silver bits and bobs from his christening, money boxes, his bank account paying book, some tiny wooden toy trains etc and she's PULLED THE LOT OUT and opened it and emptied it everywhere!!!!!

Then she pulled all the wires out of ds's underbed monitor (which wasn't plugged in thankfully) then ripped his bumper off and tried to pull a singing humphrey apart!!!!

Dear god... she's usually an angel!

Xena Thu 23-Jun-05 13:24:44

My DS was like that all the time.
Interview with prospective mindee and parents yesterday the little boy who is 2 was destroying the place.

lunavix Thu 23-Jun-05 13:27:27

I couldn't believe it!

She doesn't understand 'no' or 'stop' either, don't think their mum uses it much tbh. I know she's a toddler, but if I tell ds one of those (which I don't use often) he knows I mean it! And he's 14 months!

lockets Thu 23-Jun-05 13:28:01

Message withdrawn

KatyMac Thu 23-Jun-05 14:42:31

Put cot in the middle of the room

omega2 Thu 23-Jun-05 22:16:20

put her brother in the other room next time

lunavix Mon 27-Jun-05 20:02:43

Katy - there is no middle of the room! Ds has the box room (the mindee's get the better room as there is two of them!) and it's in the only spot it can be in. I'd have moved it into the other room but it won't go through the door without being taken apart!

She calmed down after that... and it's all cots as normal tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now