Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

HELP needed with another Childminder Business Name

(13 Posts)
HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 08:44:44

Hi guys

I saw the other thread about the Sunflower name and after reading that, I'm a little worried about my name.

I call myself 'Helen's Little Angels' but on my posters etc. I put the words Childminding Services under my logo so that people don't think I'm a nursery etc.

Business names were highly recommended on the pre-reg courses we went on but also, as I have a website, I wanted a name for that too.

I'm happy with my name but am now worried that the Childminding Services bit may give the impression that I'm an agency or something.

Once people go on my website , it's obvious that I'm an individual childminder but what about my posters etc?

As a lot of you are great with advise like this, anyone suggest something that make's it clear I'm an individual Childminder???

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks

Helen

nailpolish Wed 22-Jun-05 08:48:30

to me its obvious that you are an individual cm because you are called helens little angels.

HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 08:49:27

I thought that at first but the other thread worried me. Thought people might think I was the person running an agency or something.

Thanks for your comment, reassured me a bit

nailpolish Wed 22-Jun-05 08:52:49

i know what thread you mean, i cant see whats wrong with 'sevices' - i think it sounds professional, and the helens little angels bit sounds friendly, so youve got a good mix there.

HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 08:54:10

Thanks so much for that!!

lilaclotus Wed 22-Jun-05 09:05:30

i think it's a great name
been browsing your website too. i like how you have detailed menus and photos of the toys. i found exactly what i needed to know about your services on there.

PollyLogos Wed 22-Jun-05 09:09:14

Yes, I agree its a fantastic website. Very informative!

HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 09:09:38

Thanks lilaclotus, it's the first time I'd put a website together - got carried away and kept adding information!! Now doing childminder sites as a sideline

Glad you like the name, I'm relaxing more now (was really worried last night and was going to change all my posters )

HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 09:10:03

Thanks Pollylogos

SoftFroggie Wed 22-Jun-05 17:09:55

It's my fault: I was saying on the other thread that I'm not sure on the "services" bit, confused me. Sorry.
Since yesterday I've noticed other childminders saying "childminding services", so while I'm still not completely sure I like it, others use it, and so I'm sure people know what you mean. Don't worry! Don't change your posters.

I LOVE your webpage, and your childminding looks great. Good luck. And good luck with the webpage sideline. Good for you!

HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 17:17:27

Thanks SoftFroggie, everyone's been so nice so I'm going to keep my posters as they are for now. People will know once they see my website.

Cheers!

Helen

ssd Wed 22-Jun-05 18:10:10

Helen, your website is really fantastic! I'm a childminder too and I haven't got anything so impressive ..

I'm sure any parent looking at this would be beating a path to your door! It's so welldone!

Sorry haven't read all of this thread, just looked at your site and was so impressed I had to tell you!

ssd x x x

HellyBelly Wed 22-Jun-05 18:11:58

Oh bless, you're so kind. Thanks so much for taking the trouble to respond! I've always been interested in web design but this was my first attempt! I now do it on the side for childminders.

Anyway, thanks again, made my day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now