Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder Problem Again - Urgent Help Req

(10 Posts)
mumtochloe Mon 20-Jun-05 10:43:44

WE had a lovely time this weekend but DD said a few things about her CM and family that worried me a lot.

DD has a habit of occasionally making things up - for instance she had it in her head a few weeks ago that her teachers pushed her down a hill - of course they hadn't. However this weekend DD said her CM calls her sexy and that Cm and family have said they hate her. These words DO NOT feature in her vocabulary and never have.

CM is a funny woman who will get really offended if DD is making this up but I don't think I can ignore this either. What should I do and how should I go about it?

RTKangaMummy Mon 20-Jun-05 10:45:27

How old is she?

mumtochloe Mon 20-Jun-05 10:46:42

In her forties or if you mean DD, nearly 4

giraffeski Mon 20-Jun-05 10:47:27

Message withdrawn

mumtochloe Mon 20-Jun-05 10:50:26

Thanks Girrafeski - its a bit of a dilemma really isn't it

amynnixmum Mon 20-Jun-05 10:52:00

I think if you have concerns you should speak to her about them. It may be difficult for her to hear but she should be professional enough to cope with this sort of thing.

Afterall children often make things up and get confused between fantasy and reality - at 4 your dd doesn't have to actually really be lying even if it isn't true.

Your cm is a childcare professional and should be aware of this and should help to allay your fears and concerns and not get offended.

Good luck.

RTKangaMummy Mon 20-Jun-05 10:52:32

No meant DD

It does sound very weird and does sound a bit like something she may have heard at school or on TV?

She does sound like she has a very active imagination

One of DS friends was like this and DS couldn't believe what she said cos she was always making up stuff

She was so convincing too

feelingold Mon 20-Jun-05 11:14:45

Could you just mention to cm that your dd has recently said a few words she has not heard from you. It could be that she has learnt them from older children whilst at the cmers house. I think if you take this approach your cm could not take offence and if she does she is not the professional she is supposed to be and not right for you.

mumtochloe Mon 20-Jun-05 13:11:10

Thanks for all your advice people. Think I will probably tread carefully and mention it in passing without any accusations and take it from there.

Hate this sort of thing and feel nervous but know it has to be done.

Thanks again

bigdonna Mon 20-Jun-05 20:55:32

hi mumtochloe im a cm and the child i mind tells my children she hates them,and two seconds later she loves them she is 3 and does not understand what hate means she heard her older sisters telling each other this.It is very normal for kids to repeat words they have heard.I personally would not worry to much tell your dd you do not like her using those words,she could have got it from anywhere.Also unfortunately i have heard mothers at the shops calling their kids sexy this makes me cringe,but some people use it as a term of endearment.When my dd was 5 she asked me if the boy next door was sexy ,i asked her what she meant she said his coat is nice isnt it!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now