Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Interview today!!!

(6 Posts)
annabelle21 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:36:06

I was getting ready for an interview today for a job in retail that I didn't really want as my heart lies in nannying, but as there are absolutely no nanny jobs in my area, I felt pressured to go for it. As I was getting ready for the interview I had a glance on the jobcentreplus website and to my delight saw a nanny job that is about 45 mins bus ride from my house and on the very same bus route! I called the mum and she has asked me to go this afternoon to meet her! I am so excited and she sounds lovely! Very down to earth and laid back! I have black trousers and a white shirt on. Think that will look right or should I go more formal/casual?
I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xena Mon 20-Jun-05 10:36:54

hope it goes well for you

beachyhead Mon 20-Jun-05 10:38:41

outfit sounds fine (this is from a women who turned down a nanny who turned up for the interview in snakeskin boots with 4 inch heels)

Good luck.....I can't believe there are no nanny jobs around - nannies are like gold dust in London at the moment!

annabelle21 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:49:34

I'm on the very much outskirts of Greater Manchester, Beachyhead, quite close to Huddersfield. Here there are nannyjobs every maybe once in 3 months and out of them most want a driver and are through an agency who require a police check (which is fair enough but I'm so poor I don't have the money for it but fingers crossed for this one!

Shock at nanny turning up to interview in snakeskins!!! Lol! Have u seen what they wear on Nanny911? That always makes me laugh. Imagine wearing a cape to work lol!

annabelle21 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:50:10

Thanks Zena!

Xena Mon 20-Jun-05 18:14:27

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: