Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Interview today!!!

(6 Posts)
annabelle21 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:36:06

I was getting ready for an interview today for a job in retail that I didn't really want as my heart lies in nannying, but as there are absolutely no nanny jobs in my area, I felt pressured to go for it. As I was getting ready for the interview I had a glance on the jobcentreplus website and to my delight saw a nanny job that is about 45 mins bus ride from my house and on the very same bus route! I called the mum and she has asked me to go this afternoon to meet her! I am so excited and she sounds lovely! Very down to earth and laid back! I have black trousers and a white shirt on. Think that will look right or should I go more formal/casual?
I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xena Mon 20-Jun-05 10:36:54

hope it goes well for you

beachyhead Mon 20-Jun-05 10:38:41

outfit sounds fine (this is from a women who turned down a nanny who turned up for the interview in snakeskin boots with 4 inch heels)

Good luck.....I can't believe there are no nanny jobs around - nannies are like gold dust in London at the moment!

annabelle21 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:49:34

I'm on the very much outskirts of Greater Manchester, Beachyhead, quite close to Huddersfield. Here there are nannyjobs every maybe once in 3 months and out of them most want a driver and are through an agency who require a police check (which is fair enough but I'm so poor I don't have the money for it but fingers crossed for this one!

Shock at nanny turning up to interview in snakeskins!!! Lol! Have u seen what they wear on Nanny911? That always makes me laugh. Imagine wearing a cape to work lol!

annabelle21 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:50:10

Thanks Zena!

Xena Mon 20-Jun-05 18:14:27

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now