Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: 3 yearly Ofsted inspection...

(10 Posts)
crace Thu 12-Nov-09 12:22:04

I am due mine, had a phone call yesterday - will be Friday Mon or Tuesday. Have all my attendance up to date, portfolio assembled, docs up, posters up, multicultural stuff out already wink..

I am in midst of EYFS course and have skeleton of what I will have in place here but woefully inadequate. I am going to explain to her that it's actually because I have no idea what they are on about and need the course to do the obs and assessments.

Monthly planning and linking with EYFS very cool on and do anyway... easy peasy that.

I haven't done the self evaluation though - is that a huge issue?

Risk assessments done, fire drill record, complaints folder, visitor log etc done already as well as normal..

What am I missing?

crace Thu 12-Nov-09 12:22:59

oh and assembling letters from parents for feedback as I type

coral Thu 12-Nov-09 12:34:25

Make sure you've done risk assessments for all outings as well as home. Are all the necessary parental permissions signed and up to date? Have you checked everything in your first aid box is in date?

Look on the Ofsted website for recent inspections carried out by your inspector and look at what actions she makes to see if you have these covered.

Good luck!!

Coral

coral Thu 12-Nov-09 12:36:56

Oh and check that you have the up-to-date contact details for your local safe guarding children's board and that have an up-to date and comprehensive safeguarding policy and all the relevant booklets etc.

Make sure your registration certificate and insurance is up on display.

crace Thu 12-Nov-09 13:06:17

Eek, where do I find out about safeguarding? I am in Kent

I only have her first name, not a surname can I still search?

coral Thu 12-Nov-09 13:44:35

Not in Kent myself but I've just had a look at their council website and it looks like the information you need to have to hand is on the kent safeguarding children board website - www.kscb.org.uk Hope this helps. Coral

crace Thu 12-Nov-09 14:05:09

Did a quick search and printed some stuff out. Do you know about the self eval? I haven't done mine - she actually mentioned I hadn't done it online when she phoned. Is this a huge issue?

llllll Thu 12-Nov-09 16:51:05

The SEF isn't compulsory but a childminder friend of mine had an action on her report re the SEF she hadn't finished it. She was going to complain to ofsted about it. It is a very big document!!

crace Thu 12-Nov-09 16:54:09

bum - have downloaded and trying to wade through it now. Going to take me all night

thebody Thu 12-Nov-09 17:54:57

I didnt do the SEF, havn't got the time or inclination tbh. got parents to self evaluate me and that seemed fine, ofsted were cool with that. not compulsory so they shouldnt penalise you for it anyway..

planning and assessment, safe guarding and policies, i.e fire and outings much more important but obviously the main thing is the way you are with the children.. good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now