Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Male Nanny - Do they exist?

(12 Posts)
jothorpe Sun 19-Jun-05 10:28:18

Just wondering if anyone knew of the best way to find a male nanny?

Also, if you are/were looking for a nanny, did you interview any male nannies? What were they like?

jura Sun 19-Jun-05 11:49:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

badgerhead Sun 19-Jun-05 19:49:48

I am a registered cm, but do know of a male nanny in the Fleet, Camberely area, whether he is fully booked or not at the moment I don't know as haven't chatted to him recently. Try \linkhttp://www.nicksbabysittingservice.co.uk\this website of his to contact him,

KatyMac Sun 19-Jun-05 19:58:43

Not much help .....but I'm married to a male childminder

He is much better with the mndees than I am

giraffeski Sun 19-Jun-05 20:06:14

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 19-Jun-05 20:06:50

Message withdrawn

emmerdale Sun 19-Jun-05 20:07:56

Am sure someone on here had a male nanny but can't remember who it was

KatyMac Sun 19-Jun-05 20:23:38

God - I hope not but the age difference is about the same

He really gets down to their level and plays with them - (and at 6ft 2" - that's impressive)

They crawl all over him and really use him badly - but he loves it and he can get children to eat things they hate.

nannynick Tue 21-Jun-05 11:05:18

Hi all... I'm a male nanny (the one Badgerhead speaks of).

There are male nannies around, though I think we are few and far between.

Jo, alas I am rather busy so could not be of assistance to you, though if you are in my area then I may have a gap here and there for evening work if it's of interest.

Katymac, nice to hear that your DH is a childminder. Always great to hear of more men working in the profession. I used to work for Ofsted and certainly over recent years, more men have become registered childminders, though they are still very much in the minority.

wangle99 Thu 23-Jun-05 22:41:23

I use a male childminder too.

It's quite sad really as I tried every female one in my area and they were all totally booked and yet this chap has hardly any mindees (although I'm glad because he could take DS!)

He's lovely and DS doesn't cry when left yet he always cried (albeit briefly) when I left him with a woman childminder!

I get very mixed reactions when I tell people - some people are very strange about their views on childcare.

KatyMac Thu 23-Jun-05 22:42:19

People are funny aren't they Wangle - at least half of my mindees are with me because of DH

redshoes Fri 24-Jun-05 22:10:30

I know of a male Slovakian Au Pair who has just arrived and is available (let down by the family he came over to work for - nice)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now