Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: Triple buggies!

(10 Posts)
lunavix Sat 18-Jun-05 10:27:05

I've been using my double buggy to take my twin mindees out (22 months) and then carrying ds (14 months) in a sling, since they started about 6 weeks ago.

However I know I have to get a triple buggy because this just isn't practical, ds weighs in at nearly 27lb and it's just to heavy to lug him around especially when it's warmer. Plus if they all get tired when we're out... nightmare!

I've been trying to find one relatively cheaply(under £150) and I've found two on ebay I like. Which do I go for?

The first isn't that pretty, but it's a lot cheaper (under £100 atm) and it does have a raincover. Plus, if I say sell it in 6 months time, I could probably get most of that money back. Another note to make here is I will need to WIN the auction, which isn't always easy!

Puschair number two is on the other hand a TON dearer but brand new, a reliable make (well one I've heard of!) and absolutely gorgeous. But it is only for minding, and if I sold it I wouldn't make all the money back....

What to do?

Xena Sat 18-Jun-05 10:46:43

Would be really tempted by the maclaren as it is buit to last.

RTKangaMummy Sat 18-Jun-05 10:47:44

Wouldn't pay out £400

Get one from TAMBA

or ask on here

lunavix Sat 18-Jun-05 11:58:53

Kanga - the ones on TAMBA are that dear!!! Or dearer! There's only one under £300 and it's collect only from wales....

RTKangaMummy Sat 18-Jun-05 12:01:40

OH ok sorry

What about asking on here?????

lunavix Sat 18-Jun-05 12:02:34

I did.. there's been an add on 'for sale' but it's still £300!

Can't believe they're so expensive...

RTKangaMummy Sat 18-Jun-05 12:21:49

Can't remember the name of the mail order company that advertises in TAMBA for 3 x buggy

ThePrisoner Tue 21-Jun-05 23:32:31

Are you in an approved network group? Ours will provide equipment needed, for an indefinite period, and i currently have a triple buggy with raincover and built-in teasmade!

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 23:38:44

there's a cheaper one here too lunavix (ebay as well)

blodwen Wed 22-Jun-05 17:47:53

Why not use a double buggy (maybe one in front of the other ? eg.Marco Sky)and buggy board instead? Much cheaper, and far easier on narrow pavements!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now