Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitting agencies in Glasgow

(7 Posts)
haggisaggis Mon 09-Nov-09 12:39:56

Help! Last time I needed a babysitter at a hotel, the hotel nominated an agency. They don't do that anymore. ANyone know of any reputable agencies in centre of Glasgow?

nannynick Mon 09-Nov-09 13:09:27

I think agencies need to be registered in Scotland. Care Commission select type Child Care Agency.

A&H provide hotel babysitting services. Not a recommendation though, as I'm not in Scotland. Alison from A&H Childcare Consultancy used to post on here occasionally. Not sure if A&H Nanny Services and A&H Childcare Consultancy are the same thing... they seem to share one same owner, so are connected in some way.

xoxcherylxox Mon 09-Nov-09 19:35:39

http://www.darabys.com/

they are an agency just outside glasgow that cover the whole of scotland they should be able to get you a babysitter.

Carol24 Mon 09-Nov-09 22:14:27

A & H nanny services are run by Carron(Alisons business partner). Im not sure what happened, but I had an email from Carron informing me that she had set up her own agency.

I would thouroughly reccomend them, as have had both nanny positions through A&H

summerstorm Tue 10-Nov-09 00:15:56

I am sure I have read somewhere about agency called safe sitters that do hotel work Have you asked the Hotel if they have any contacts

nannynick Tue 10-Nov-09 07:07:52

Sumerstorm - can't find them in the Care Commisson list. In Scotland agencies need to be registered, as far as I am aware, so if they are not on the Care Commission list they shouldn't be used.

xoxcherylxox Tue 10-Nov-09 08:25:19

i no darabys are registered as my friend got a nanny job through them and the parent was claiming tax credits so she needed them to be registered

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: