Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sites to advertise on

(10 Posts)
atworknotworking Mon 09-Nov-09 09:38:57

I know its been done before, I've tried searching for a list that was on here a few months ago but can't find it blush.

If any one can suggest some web sites like yell.com etc I would be very grateful.

TIA

nannynick Mon 09-Nov-09 09:48:38

There are plenty of sites to advertise on but many don't seem to generate any enquiries.

So maybe we need a new list of sites... on which someone has advertised, has had an enquiry from which resulted in a new mindee.

LisaD1 Mon 09-Nov-09 10:03:20

Hiya,

I have had all my mindees come through adverts on netmums ad childcare.co.uk

Have tried Gumtree but no luck.

atworknotworking Mon 09-Nov-09 11:08:23

Thanks guys,

nannynick sounds like a good idea, I know I'm on some, but not getting any enquiries atm, and I want to find some new mindees before next Sept as I will be losing some sad and I think may lose a bit more when the two year old funding kicks in.

LisaD never been on netmums will have a look, checked childcare.co.uk and I'm already on blush

frakkinaround Mon 09-Nov-09 11:53:35

Would you consider becoming accredited atworknotworking? Then you would be able to draw on the funding and might keep some of your current mindees.

atworknotworking Mon 09-Nov-09 12:31:58

frackinaround Yes I would consider it, and have been politely asking for the last 4 years, but sadly my LA isn't accredited for minders, so we will all be struggling here next year due to the councils lack of foresight. You will be correct in thinking I'm not a happy bunny angry.

I have also looked at opening a nursery but the cost is huge but the main issue is how long it will take ofsted to reg upto 25weeks! so I could potentially be paying for a place upto 6mths before I could get any return on it.

Plan B was to buy one already reg'd, none any where near us, so would mean total upsticks, selling house and buying new one elsewhere all in one pop.

Ofsted suggested that I run a playscheme, which is a possibility, but again registration would take up to 12wks, then I'd be stuck during holiday club, and what do I do with my loverly little ones who I couldn't take to the playscheme.

Its all a bit pants ATM but if anyone has any suggestions or alternatives, I would be eternally grateful. I havn't slept properly for weeks and am so stressed with it all, I'm now thinking of doing something completely different that doesnt involve masses of legislation and beaurocracy sad

nannynick Mon 09-Nov-09 12:32:25

LisaD - when using childcare.co.uk did the parent contact you, or did you contact them?

frakkinaround Mon 09-Nov-09 13:27:51

Oh bugger

atworknotworking Tue 10-Nov-09 07:39:33

Cheeky bumpity

leeloo1 Tue 10-Nov-09 11:56:40

I've had an (ongoing) enquiry through childcare.co.uk - not sure if it'll lead to a mindee but fingers crossed!

I found that (unless you de-register from this bit) you get an email when someone views your profile and they send you a link so you can look at theirs. So (to avoid paying) you could look at likely parents' profiles and they'd (hopefully) get a message to say you'd looked at them and might look at you in return and contact you if they were interested... just a (possibly nonsensical) thought. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now