Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Question for childminders

(5 Posts)
ficam Mon 09-Nov-09 09:02:52

Hello, I just wondered if you need to get parents to sign permission form if taking children out on the bus?

I just want to go into town to a singing group once a week. Would I have to do a risk assesment too?


HSMM Mon 09-Nov-09 09:26:49

I have permission for public transport, in the same way that I have permission to transport the children in my car. You would need to do a risk assessment.

ficam Mon 09-Nov-09 09:32:53

Ok thanks

4kidsandlovingit Mon 09-Nov-09 10:46:56

I have a policy that covers taking my mindees out in the car, on buses trains and the back of my bike using all equiptment/restraints etc. They tick which they are happy for their child to do with me and I make sure I have a signed copy for my records. To date I have only had one parent object to their child being taken out on my bike. Everything else has been agreed to.

pippin26 Mon 09-Nov-09 11:23:17

If you use the NCMA permissions - the tranpsorting a child permission covers all types of vehicles the minder deems fit.
Its always worth ensuring the parents understand that this could mean train/bus/ car/ taxi - another persons vehicle etc.

Put a policy and risk assessments in place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now