Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: This must be the right thing to do??

(5 Posts)
Xena Fri 17-Jun-05 11:17:28

I've been considering employing another childminder so that I can increase my numbers of children and hopefully my income. The childminder who lives across the road from me (and I'm friends with) Came across today to tell me she was giving notice to all her children and she was appling for another job!! DO I have spaces and can she give parents my number.
Spoke to planning said that they would turn my application around in 8wks but its likely to be accepted as The 'status quo' in the area would remain the same (as other childminder lives opposite re: parking) and I would be continuing a service that benifits the local community.

Xena Fri 17-Jun-05 11:19:32

Ofsted are coming on Monday, Planning said talk to them find out how many they would be prepared to register me for (as long as its not over 15). And that doesn't include my children who live on the property. Now I will have to recruit the 'right' staff

KatyMac Fri 17-Jun-05 12:25:13

Great news about planning
One problem gone......how many left?

Xena Fri 17-Jun-05 13:01:18

50 million there is soo much to do. I can't belive that my friend is resigning, what timing! I can't get my head round it all. The employees is probably the hardest descion atm as I need to get them registered.

KatyMac Fri 17-Jun-05 13:23:45

Advertise at the Job Centre (it's free) & also at the local PO - don't assume the people you have in mind will be interested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now